Tour Guide for Cartagena

bellagirl

We will be cruising in March of 2010 and were wondering if anyone has any good suggestions for private tour guides in Cartagena. In particular, we want to see the home of Gabriel Garcia *****. Does anyone know if this stop is available through Celebrity on their walking tours of the city?

Is it safe to hire a private guide or would we be better off going through the ship?

Thanks to all who answer. Shelly

I don't know about Celebrity, but I do know the private tour operator that we used in January will do customized tours and one of the first offers he made us was a "literary tour". So I feel certain that he can handle your request. We made our private arrangements through Lee Miles. Check out http://www.DestinationCartagena.com and http://www.MisterEmerald.com if you wish for more info. Lee's email address is leland@misteremerald.com

By the way, there is a separate forum for Colombia here. (I know you didn't post this here, it was moved here. But, you might want to check in at the Colombia forum as there is lots about Cartagena and Lee Miles tours there.)

Good luck, Debbie

Thanks Debbie for pointing me in the right direction!! All the times I've been on these boards and I've never noticed the Colombia thread before.

I will look into this tour guide as he sounds just like what we're looking for. Thank you again for your help.

Shelly

Archived