Frontier Excursions in Skagway

cruisegirl06

Has anyone used Frontier Excursions in Skagway? We would love to do the White Pass Railway, but this is about $80 less a person (it is bus only) and it seems to have a lot of nice perks (lunch, visit to sled dog camp, etc.) Comments would be appreciated.

We would love to do the train, but have trouble justifying the extra expense, so if you are a firm believe in the train, I would love to hear why (just want to make sure its "worth it" if we're paying nearly double to ride on the train).

THANKS!

We would love to do the train, but have trouble justifying the extra expense, so if you are a firm believe in the train, I would love to hear why (just want to make sure its "worth it" if we're paying nearly double to ride on the train)!

The simple answer is that it's one of the top 10 rail excursion on earth. To expand on that, see the photos at http://www.railsnorth.com/steamex.html - taken on one of my many, many trips on the train (few trips use the steam engine as that one did, though).

Murray

Yukon - those are lovely pictures, Thank You! My boyfriend is a train enthusiast and if the steam engine were running on the day we were in port, we would certainly be taking the train.

Also, I should have mentioned that we will be taking the train from CA to Vancouver, so we will be seeing a good deal of the Pacific NW from train car, if that makes a difference.

Decisions, decisions...

Archived