Crib in GS vs JS on EOS? (repost from RCL board)

lolakat

Hello, my husband and I are considering our first RCL cruise on explorer of the seas. We will be traveling with our 1 year old daughter. We have cruised twice before with her on NCL. We want to switch to RCL b/c of the in room baby sitting. We've chosen suites on NCL b/c the other cabins leave very little room for the crib. We are trying to deceide on a grand suite vs a junior suite and I was wondering if anyone had any experience in having cribs in these rooms. Is the JS large enough to have a crib and still move around? Would we be better off with the GS? The price difference would be about $500. Thank you for any advice.

We had a junior suite on the Radiance and had PLENTY of room for the crib. We also had a regular balcony cabin on the Grandeur and that was very tight.

Here are two pictures of the room that kind of give you an idea of the size

IMG_0289.jpg

IMG_0285.jpg

And here's one with the couch out (only halfway because our DD was only 4) and with the crib set up - there's still plenty of walking around room

IMG_0326.jpg

Which ship? Yes, both the JS and GS would give you enough room for the crib. Much more with the GS.

The reason I was asking which ship, $500 *may* be worth it to you if you are on a ship with a concierge lounge.

I loved our GS. But there is often a $1500 price difference when I look at a cruise. For $500, I would do it again.

Archived