Kon Tiki Party Boat

We will be in St.Thomas in a couple weeks...has anyone taken this tour.We have been there so many times but never did this excursion.We have seen people getting helped back on board after the tour.Do they serve drinks on board...are they included ?

I did this tour many years ago. They do serve a very potent Rum Punch on the return trip to the ship. Some people do over do the punch. It is included in the tour price. There is also plain punch. It is still a fun tour. They have a good steel Band on board, and the party gets going after the beach stop. There is a glass bottom tank that they lower and you can see some fish. They form a conga line and there is a limbo contest. It's fun, but watch that punch it can sneak up on you icon_eek.gif

Kathy M

22 RCI Cruises and counting

2 Carnival Cruises

Mariner of the Seas 2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=e9967a&cdt=2004;5;2;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

I was on that tour in 1981! It seemed that the object of the game was to get a killer sunburn followed by a killer hangover. I had a great time, I think. (from what I can remember of it)

Work like a dog. Live like a pauper. Save all your money. Then Cruise!

judie,

It depends on what you are looking for on the excursion. If you want lots to drink, limbos, and music, then this is the excursion for you. When I took the boat in 2000, there was a stop at Honeymoon Beach. Compared to other beaches in the Caribbean, it was small, crowded, and not very picturesque. If I remember correctly, the beach stop was only an hour. If you want a relaxing time, you should consider choosing something else.

I was just on it last week, we had da lot of fun, yes there is rum punch served from the minute you get on the boat, we had a lot of fun, it takes you out to the beach for about an hour, then brings you back and the band is playing, they had a limbo line and other dancing,it was a lot of fun.

Janet

Mariner of the Seas 3/04

Enchantment of the Seas 9/03

Explorer of the Seas 7/03

Carnival Triumph 2/03

Imagination 7/02

Jubilee 4/02

Sensation 2/98

Carnivale 10/91

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;03;28;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until Mariner of the Seas

We did the Kon Tiki in 1995....what a great time! But, pay heed to the prior posts...the rum punch will catch up with you...they used to top the punch off with a little 151...

Chris

Voyager 3/14/04 Days remaining until next cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;3;14;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

It has been many years since I've taken the Kon Tiki tour but I was a great time. They give you a small plastic cup (juice cup size) and tell you not to lose it. The one thing I remember being told was that you remember getting on the boat but you don't remember getting off....HOW RIGHT THEY WERE. I only remember because I saw pictures.. Others were right watch the Rum punch it really really sneaks up on you. Have a great time.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=e9967a&cdt=2004;5;30;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Explorer of the Seas

We did the Kon-Tiki last year. I thought it was okay...not a waste of money, but I would have rather spent my time doing something else. Everyone else we went with enjoyed it.

icon_smile.gif Bobbie

Adventure of the Seas 2-03

Enchantment of the Seas 3-03

Majesty of the Seas 5-03

Adventure of the Seas 9-03

Sovereign of the Seas 11-03

Sovereign of the Seas 1-04

Grandeur of the Seas 3-04

My albums can be viewed with this link...

http://public.fotki.com/bobbie0253/

Archived