Roll Call Viking Legend 6/20/09 Budapest to Amsterdam

ddean52

Hello, just signed up for this cruise. This will be our first river cruise and we are excited about it. It is our hope to meet river vets, and learn from them as we all become friends.

Alice:p & Dean;)

Hi, we`re doing the same trip as you but in Viking Pride in July. We`ve been on one disastrous river trip previously (so bad it was funny, especially in retrospect!) so this time we hope we`re on a good boat with good company.

You will love Budapest and Amsterdam is also fascinating and beautiful. The bits in betwen should also be good I hope. Keep us posted!

Hi, we`re doing the same trip as you but in Viking Pride in July. We`ve been on one disastrous river trip previously (so bad it was funny, especially in retrospect!) so this time we hope we`re on a good boat with good company.

You will love Budapest and Amsterdam is also fascinating and beautiful. The bits in betwen should also be good I hope. Keep us posted!

Nippy, please dont tell me is was on a viking ship?? Lets stay in touch and we can compare notes!:rolleyes: ;)

Dean

Hi, dont panic it certainly wasn`t a Viking cruise! In fact we used to sit sadly on our old tub watching the Viking vessels smoothly overtake us. It always seemed as though the Viking passengers were sipping cocktails & looking generally v sophisticated!

I cant wait for our turn on board in July- its got to be better than the MV Diana!

Whats an "immersion cruise"? Surely thats the last thing you want on a boat!

Nippy, if you want and ear/eye full go to the rcl board and take a look!

the very short story is after a lot of people made final payment, various cruises were changed from standard cruises to immersion cruises. on an 'emmersion cruise" the food, staff, entertainment. laungage, and on board currency are totaly changed to reflect the culture of the market rcl is pitching. our cruise went from standard cruise to scandanavion......while immersionlanguagetotallyScandinavianimmersion cruise may be a great idea.....this should be stated when one buys a cruise and it was not to anyone!!! very upsetting. sorry to go on about it.:cool:

and it has absoluty nothing to do with being anti-euro. i love europe and its many cultures which is why we have spent summers there the last 4 yrs!!!! its all about spending $14,000 u.s. and not getting what i payed for. if they had told me it was an immersion cruise i might have papid more for it..lollllllllll:eek: ;)

Dean,

You will be on the Viking Legend, a new build for 2009. By the time you board in June any problems with a new build should be fixed.

Keep your walking and stair climbing up for your tours.

MSEm

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

It's tough to find reviews or insight on River cruising. Just less people on them I suspect. When I find some people willing to share...I hang on to them!

I found a great one right here that has given me a wealth of info on River Cruises! (thanks Debbie!) :)

• 2 weeks later...
It's tough to find reviews or insight on River cruising. Just less people on them I suspect. When I find some people willing to share...I hang on to them!

I found a great one right here that has given me a wealth of info on River Cruises! (thanks Debbie!) :)

hummm...? what is debbie's "handle/screen name"? i would like to read her posts! have a great week! GO EAGLES!;)

dean

Archived