Pan Pacific Heads Up

FYI - I just booked 3 rooms for two nights at the Pan Pacific on Hotwire for $195/night. This is for early July (5th thru the 7th). Might be worth a peek if you are looking for a great rate at a great hotel for that time frame.:D

FYI - I just booked 3 rooms for two nights at the Pan Pacific on Hotwire for $195/night. This is for early July (5th thru the 7th). Might be worth a peek if you are looking for a great rate at a great hotel for that time frame.:D

Hi 2pbears, can you tell me what it came up listed as, what area, what star level?

Thanks.

Hi 2pbears, can you tell me what it came up listed as, what area, what star level?

Thanks.

Yes. It comes up as a 5 star in Downtown Vancouver West. Hotwire only has two 5 stars in Vancouver, Pan Pacific and Sutton Place. The easiest way to tell them apart is that Sutton Place has a "golf nearby" icon in the amenities. Pan Pacific lists amenities as Fitness Center, Pool, Restaurants, Business Center, High Speed Internet Access and Spa Services. Hope this helps.

Yes. It comes up as a 5 star in Downtown Vancouver West. Hotwire only has two 5 stars in Vancouver, Pan Pacific and Sutton Place. The easiest way to tell them apart is that Sutton Place has a "golf nearby" icon in the amenities. Pan Pacific lists amenities as Fitness Center, Pool, Restaurants, Business Center, High Speed Internet Access and Spa Services. Hope this helps.

It looks like only Sutton place for my dates, I will keep checking though. Thanks again for posting!

• 2 weeks later...

I just saw your post today, but neither 5 star is available for our dates. We are paying the same price for a B&B, but it is supposed to be a very nice one. We went into sticker shock in Vancouver with lodging prices and car rental prices. I finally got the car rental down, but so far no luck with the lodgings. However, we are looking forward to the B&B we chose. So, all is good!!!

Thanks for taking the time to post. Maybe someone else was able to catch this deal.

I just saw your post today, but neither 5 star is available for our dates. We are paying the same price for a B&B, but it is supposed to be a very nice one. We went into sticker shock in Vancouver with lodging prices and car rental prices. I finally got the car rental down, but so far no luck with the lodgings. However, we are looking forward to the B&B we chose. So, all is good!!!

You think Vancouver is pricey.....try Fort Lauderdale in January! I keep looking at the prices and weep.

Travelzoo has listed the Pan Pacific at $189 for select dates during the summer including almost all of August. Here's a link:

http://ca.deals.travelzoo.com/hotels/413621?utm_source=top20_ca&utm_medium=email_top20

I checked it out as soon as I got my email, but is wasn't for my dates. Hopefully someone else will be able to take advantage of it though.

Is Sutton Place location near Canada Place....ie walkable? I got Sutton Place for Sept. on HW, which was half the price for Pan Pacific. Sutton looks really nice.

Also: the hotel lists "Airport Shuttle at the door"....which Airport Shuttle could this be?

We got a similar thing a couple years ago....IIRC it was 171 CDN and wound up being 159-ish US$ (that was when we actually GOT a little benefit of the exchange rate...) Back then the rate was 350-ish!!

I did random dates....seems the lowest rate is 349$ CDN so the TZ thing is good...PLUS, i THINK it is cancellable...(ours WAS)...and we wound up in a huge, semi-water view room!

GREAT hotel......definitely worth the 189.......PLUS CP is GREAT for ship-checking-out! I got more pix of more ships...UP CLOSE than i could ever want....mom and i scrutinized all the lines and their balconies, etc...:D ;) to see what we'd like.

(decided that what we LIKE and what we can AFFORD are not exactly one and the same!!):rolleyes:

Is Sutton Place location near Canada Place....ie walkable? I got Sutton Place for Sept. on HW, which was half the price for Pan Pacific. Sutton looks really nice.

Also: the hotel lists "Airport Shuttle at the door"....which Airport Shuttle could this be?

The Sutton Place is an excellent hotel in a very good location on Burrard about 8 blocks from Canada Place. Yes, you can walk to Canada Place if your luggage is manageable for you to go that far; otherwise a cab will cost you about $10/12. The Airport Shuttle that they refer to is the Airporter that runs between downtown and the airport. http://www.yvrairporter.com/

From the Sutton Place you can walk to Robson St. with all of its shops and restaurants, Pacific Centre which is a large regional, multi-level, shopping centre, the art gallery, Stanley Park & Gastown. There is a Denny's across the street for a quick meal. There is also very good transit on Burrard. The hotel would certainly be condsidered a 4* property, scenes from the movie "Bird on a Wire" were shot there and I believe that Goldie Hawn still often stays there when she is in town...actually she was living here for a few years and purchased a home while her son was playing hockey for a local team.

Enjoy your cruise and stay in Vancouver.

Thanks Peterdude....we will definitely take a taxi to the ship, however we do want to walk to Aqua Riva if possible. (we are good walkers). We also want to walk to various venues, like Chinatown.

Is there public transportation to Granville from Sutton Place?

Granville street is only three parallel blocks from Burrard street so it will depend where on Granville street you will want to go - bus are not running on Granville because of the construction of the Rapid transit line but on streets of either side of Granville - the hole is getting smaller each week but we are at least a year away from completion.

If you are wondering if a bus will take you to the Aqua Riva which is at the foot of Granville street the answer is yes but I will have to do a little research to see just which one is best.

Cheers

Dennis

Thanks Peterdude....we will definitely take a taxi to the ship, however we do want to walk to Aqua Riva if possible. (we are good walkers). We also want to walk to various venues, like Chinatown.

Is there public transportation to Granville from Sutton Place?

I am not ignoring your question but as Ut lives downtown he is in a better position to answer your Granville bus question than I particularly with the construction. If you are trying to get into Chinatown by bus, yes you can pretty close. You may just want to take the bus to Stanley Park as well and it runs along Georgia St. I don't know your dates but commencing June 17 there is a free shuttle bus in Stanley Park and that will stay running until Sept 17.

Here are links to transit and Stanley Park which I think you will find helpful...it may also pay you to purchase an all day transit pass for $9.00 pp that you can purchase at most convenience stores, SkyTrain stations and at the Seabus station by Canada Place, otherwise the single zone fares are $2.50pp.

http://www.city.vancouver.bc.ca/parks/parks/stanley/

www.translink.bc.ca

Travelzoo has listed the Pan Pacific at $189 for select dates during the summer including almost all of August. Here's a link:

http://ca.deals.travelzoo.com/hotels/413621?utm_source=top20_ca&utm_medium=email_top20

Thanks for posting the Travelzoo offer. I booked the Pan Pacific this morning. The offer worked out for us (one night on 7/15). Perfect! Thanks again! :D

You're welcome. If anyone else is looking, here's another offer for both downtown Fairmont hotels for $139 & $149. You have to belong to their President's Club but you can easily do that online and it's free. I've always had great experiences at the Fairmont plus the President's club gives you free internet. The dates are very limited though and must be booked by June 10th plus it's non-refundable.

http://www.fairmont.com/promo/greatrates_juneA_EN

You're welcome. If anyone else is looking, here's another offer for both downtown Fairmont hotels for $139 & $149. You have to belong to their President's Club but you can easily do that online and it's free. I've always had great experiences at the Fairmont plus the President's club gives you free internet. The dates are very limited though and must be booked by June 10th plus it's non-refundable.

Those are great rates and if anyone can use the dates then they are not likely going to do any better at a downtown Vancouver hotel. The Waterfront is right across the street from Canada Place and the Hotel Vancouver is a stately old hotel about six blocks from CP and well worth a visit.

Thanks for sharing this with us.

Thanks! I checked if the rate applies to the night we'll be in the city and it doesn't. Had it, I would've canceled Pan Pacific and booked The Waterfront Fairmount to save over $100. We're excited to stay at the Pan Pacific though. We normally don't stay in luxury hotels so it'll be nice for a change!

Archived