long term parking at Newark

cruisingsaw

We are looking to park a car at Newark for 15 nights. I am hoping to find a park and fly that is convenient. Is there anything onsite?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

avistar is dependable and offers a quick shuttle service to the terminals. website is avistarparking dot com

• 4 weeks later...

We're driving from the Detroit area and have to overnight somewhere close to the airport or Bayonne. In past years there were complaints of paint residue on cars parked near the dock. I was hoping to stay overnight near the port and leaving my car and taking a shuttle in.

Look through the threads on this board. This topic has been discussed endlessly and there are many suggestions.

I would look at the park/fly hotels at the airport. We stayed at the Sheraton once before flying to a cruise and were very satisfied. The hotel was very nice - a big open lobby with an indoor swimming pool. Standard rooms with the expected cleanliness and amenities of a Hilton.

Best of all - the long term parking was on the front side of the hotel within sight of the security guard. People were coming and going all the time - it was very popular with flight crews. The Sheraton is right at exit 14 of the NJ Turnpike - take 78W Local and be sure to print out a mapquest of the area. It's surrounded by highways, so there is no random foot traffic wandering onto the property. I don't know how many free parking days they will give you, but you can certainly ask. You would have to take a cab to the port, but this is one of the closest hotels to Cape Liberty.

Others have stayed near exit 13A to get parking.

We parked at the cruise port and had no problems, but it was February and not painting weather.

Look through the threads on this board. This topic has been discussed endlessly and there are many suggestions.

I've read the threads, like the idea of parking at the pier but we're wary of the paint spray. Last year we rented a car to drop off at the airport and took a shuttle but the cruise continued to Florida. Now I can take the car, pack what we want, need a hotel somewhere. If the Sheraton provide parking at a lower rate than the pier, I'll shuttle again. Thanks for the quick response.

Archived