Upgrade Fairy comes calling

alfredo22

I'm on the Summit departing Venice on May 23, and my wife went to check in today and got a nice surprise. We've been upgraded from 6136 to a Sky Suite! We'll miss our extra large balcony, but I think it's worth it for all the sweet suite perks. Plus, now I don't have to worry about the connecting door odor problem.

The "Why?" is unanswered-- we are young first time cruisers and don't have any friends that work for X. Perhaps some normal CC class will get upgraded to 6136, and so forth, so this allowed one extra 'bump up.'

No complaints-- less than a week till departure!:D

Congratulations! That is very unusual! I've heard of people purchasing an upgrade at the pier through the pier coordinator for a few hundred each, but never heard of an unasked for upgrade! Is the location good for the sky suite? The balconies on them are also larger, so you won't be osing much! It's all gain! You'll love the extra space, the free capuccinos and time you want them and priority embarkation!

I'm on the Summit departing Venice on May 23, and my wife went to check in today and got a nice surprise. We've been upgraded from 6136 to a Sky Suite! We'll miss our extra large balcony, but I think it's worth it for all the sweet suite perks. Plus, now I don't have to worry about the connecting door odor problem.

The "Why?" is unanswered-- we are young first time cruisers and don't have any friends that work for X. Perhaps some normal CC class will get upgraded to 6136, and so forth, so this allowed one extra 'bump up.'

Hi Alfredo !

While I cannot answer the "why" part for certain, here is an educated guess: It is very possible that a large family needed both your cabin (which is CC Class) and the cabin that is connected to it (6138), which is a Royal Suite. Celebrity probably figured they were better off selling the other party both Cabins (so they didnt lose that large of a booking), while bumping you up to a Sky Suite. Assuming that is the case, it is a Win-Win for everyone.

At any rate, it worked out great for you, and that is what counts. Enjoy your Cruise !

Good for you...you're going to love that suite!

I'm just wondering how X can move you out of a cabin you already selected. When we selected a cabin several years ago on Carnival, they had to call us first to ask if it would be okay to upgrade us from a standard balcony cabin to a suite. Of course, it was a no brainer, but my TA said that since we had made a specific cabin selection and not a guarantee, they had to get our approval first.

Congrats! We too were upgraded once with no explanation. I wrote Royal Caribbean a 'thank you' letter also, but again no explanation.

Enjoy the upgrade and your cruise! :)

...that I'd be thrilled to be visited by the "upgrade fairy", since we have a CC-cabin with extra-large balcony on the Galaxy this summer... According to Celebrity's page there are Sky suites available on our cruise, but the balconies are smaller than the one we have right now and sofar I don't find the amenities in a Sky Suite THAT special... Ok, give me a Royal Suite and THEN we'd be talking... ;-)

Congratulations! We were upgraded once on the Constellation Baltic in 2006. We went from a regular balcony that we had chosen for its location to a CC balcony several decks higher. At first I was not too thrilled because we had chosen this particular cabin and I wanted to be dead center in the ship. The CC cabin was also dead center. The only downside to the new cabin was that there was a window washing device obscuring some of the view, but it really wasn't that bad and all turned out ok. We were not asked or told. The travel agent noticed it when the docs came and then notified us.

Congrats! - I hope you have a wonderful cruise.

On our second cruise on Princess they upgraded us to a Mini-suite from a balcony. Now we mostly books mini's unless the price is really high for the mini compared to the balcony.

Anyway, someone at Princess knew what they were doing.:D

We're leaving tomorrow for Alaska on the Millie and a couple of weeks ago received call from TA asking if we wanted to be upgraded from CC to Sky Suite. Heck yeah !!! We're also first time cruisers so this may of been a factor but not sure. My husband is packing now.....Upgrade fairy made us a visit also..

We're leaving tomorrow for Alaska on the Millie and a couple of weeks ago received call from TA asking if we wanted to be upgraded from CC to Sky Suite. Heck yeah !!! We're also first time cruisers so this may of been a factor but not sure. My husband is packing now.....Upgrade fairy made us a visit also..

Congratulations on the upgrade! Another person who is a 1st time Celebrity cruiser and has been upgraded.

Archived