Such thing as promenade guarantee?

Is there such a thing as a promenade guarantee? I would like to have a promenade room but I like the option of a possible upgrade, so for that reason I would like to book a guarantee. I don't see this as an option when I begin to book, so I am assuming there is no such thing?

If a promenade guarantee is not an option, can anyone tell me if one promenade room is any better than another? (We will be sailing on Explorer of the Seas) Is there any specific cabin I should try to get?

I don't think that there is a Prom Guarantee -- only Inside Guarantee. We've been in them once on the MOS, midship, right over the Irish bar & across from Vintages. DD did not like it at all and kept the curtain closed as she felt someone could look in. I liked it because I could run to the Cafe and DD could watch me...

I think that any category can be a GTY if RC decides to sell it as such, however GTYs aren't all that common unless a ship is selling poorly. Since a lot of people have figured out that Promenade rooms are a bargain since they are only a few dollars more than regular inside, they tend to go quickly, so I think a GTY on them will be very rare.

Archived