booking change question

We booked a cruise before the fuel surcharge increase. We booked an E3 and now I am considering moving up to an E2. Do you think they would consider this a new booking (even though I'm using the original booking #) and charge me the new rate for the fuel surcharge?

BTW, I asked the Loyalty Ambassador's assistant this question last week while on a cruise and she didn't have a clue.

We booked a cruise before the fuel surcharge increase. We booked an E3 and now I am considering moving up to an E2. Do you think they would consider this a new booking (even though I'm using the original booking #) and charge me the new rate for the fuel surcharge?

BTW, I asked the Loyalty Ambassador's assistant this question last week while on a cruise and she didn't have a clue.

I doubt that it will affect you with the FS. I changed ships, itineraries and sail dates and kept the same booking date. You may have to pay extra for the higher category though.

I really want to know how one becomes an LA. What they have mostly on the ships running around is horrendous. How can an LA not answer that question?

I booked a cruise for March 2009 last November before the fuel charge and have changed cabins twice since the fuel charge but was only charged the difference in cabin price. I was not charged a fuel charge. I made sure to check the new invoice.

FL_Cruiser64, I do know I will have to pay the going rate for the higher category cabin, but at this point it's only a $30 pp difference. But if I have to pay the higher fuel surcharge, it then becomes a $51 pp difference.

The LA's assistant thought that even if I changed cabins WITHIN the category (just changing locations) I would have to pay the higher surcharge, but I think she is wrong there. And yes, where DO they get these people?

Thanks for your replies!

Archived