Vantage -- No Toiletries ??

cp556

We're doing the 9-nt German Holiday Markets river cruise in December. I asked Vantage about shampoo/conditioner/body wash being provided, and they said we should bring our own. (But then, they also got our name wrong ...lol).

Is this true? We're used to ocean cruise ships and this will be our first river cruise.

Would appreciate advice on this from experienced Vantage cruisers, and thanks in advance....

Carol in SC

I don't know about the Vantage ships in Europe but we were on the Russian River trip in September with Vantage. They provided us with shampoo, conditioner, shower soap, regular soap, lotion, shower caps, face cloths, towels, and a sewing kit.

Zogrand

I called Vantage this morning and they advised that they DO offer shampoo/conditioner/soap in the cabins on the river cruises. I guess my confidence is just a little shaken since they had previously emailed me that they did not offer these amenities.

But thanks, Zogrand, for your input. Makes us feel a bit more secure ... (we were just concerned about the airline weight limits, and trying to bring as little as possible....)

Carol in SC

I never travel assuming I'm going to get those things other than soap. In fact, on our last ocean cruise, they furnished body wash in the shower, and DH hates that so was happy he had brought a small bar of soap to use.

On our cruise, I brought little bottles of shampoo and conditioner that I bought at Target for 99 cents ... one bottle of each lasted both of us two weeks ... I don't always like what is provided ....

Avalon did not provide the shampoo and conditioner, but did provide a nice bar of soap .. but again, I like my Dove and brought my own ... used it all up so that was one less thing in my suitcase coming home.

I find that stores like Target have a great selection of travel items at a very inexpensive price ... hairspray was another thing that I bought in small bottles ...

We were just on Vantage's River Explorer, and they do supply a basket containing shampoo, conditioner, bath gel, small round soap, shower cap, sewing kit, and lotions. Items are replenished daily. Since I prefer my own brands of shampoo and lotion and my husband prefers Dial antibacterial bar soap, we took our own items. At the end of the trip, we just left what we did not use.

There was a nice powerful hair dryer in the room, too. I took a dual-voltage curling iron and just needed an adaptor plug.

cp556--It is a good thing you caught the fact that Vantage had your name wrong because your name has to match your passport or you won't be flying. When you get your flight information, carefully check the dates. Vantage had us flying on the wrong dates!!! The customer service in Boston doesn't seem to be adequately trained, but their employees in Europe are very well trained.

Archived