Miracle Review Ready 5/9/08-5/17/08

mprucha

I could not disagree with you more on your comment about how the Port Authority wont listen to CC complaining about the look of the pier. If CC or any other cruise line would threaten to take their ships elsewhere(like NJ) the PA would listen. They are not about to lose the millions of dollars they get from the cruise lines.

Just a thought, I hope everyone write to Carnival about the lack of communication during embarkation and the lack of announcements being piped into the rooms during debarkation. Maybe they'll listen to us if we ALL write them. Too many people complain about these things but do not let companies know.

I'll definitely write if I find the same on my cruise. No, it won't ruin the cruise but its something it sounds like they can improve upon.

[quote name='DottieMay']Thanks for the review, Anne! It was really nice meeting you and Michael. I saw a bunch of your pics up and they turned out beautifully.

We had a great time - it's interesting, though, I will say that you had a WAY different embarkation and debarkation experience then we did. It took us over 2.5 hours to get onboard (we arrived just before noon and it was almost 3:00 when we got onboard). We heard that the computers went down at some point and that delayed everything.

For us, leaving was pretty bad - it was 1:45 before we were even off the ship - we ZIPPED through customs, though - after having to leave our cabin at about 10:15. We were debarkation #21 - there were 26, so I know there were still people behind us. We heard that people were starting to snitch food up in Horatio's - no real idea what the hold up was. It was just a bummer - we were sitting on the floor in the hallway outside Jeeves for hours.

(please note: the above is not meant as a complaint - just an observation! It did not ruin our cruise, just an exhausting way to end it)[/quote]

I was on the same sailing as you and we got off pretty late as well. OUr number was 25 with some in our group being #21 --26. We kept waiting and waiting for information but none came. Add to that some hungry, tired little kids and the day was about to spiral downward. I had a friend waiting with my car who had arrived at 11:30 to pick us up. AT 12:40, we decided that I would go down and check with the purser's desk to see how much longer the wait would be for us. At this point, I think they were only JUST doing groups 1-7. Well it turned out that I could just get on the line and go...we were out within 10 minutes and, like Dottie, zipped through customs. Everyone's bags were sitting there already. I actually called up to my other family members but they decided to wait for their numbers to be called. We were home in Staten Island by around 2pm while they were JUST off the boat around 2:30pm!

I have to say that despite the embarkation and debarkation issues, we had a WONDERFUL time. All us Mommies (we were a family group of 34 with 8 kids from 10 months -- 10 yrs) wanted to take Camp Carnival home with us! It was so nice to go out and do some adult things at night! :)

[quote name='mprucha'][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]Ok all, down below is my VERY LONG review of our latest Miracle trip! It’ll be in parts. We are currently updating our cruise website to include pictures, videos, this years capers, more tips. We adding a “questions and answers” section which will be in categories. This will be helpful for people looking for answers. Also, we’ve been asked to place a section for new cruisers so we’re working on that. As usual, our tips and packing lists will still be there and are being updated. We’re adding a whole section showing examples of various photo stations on the ship.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]We’re hoping to have this all done in a few weeks and I’ll post when it’s done just like last year so for now, [/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]ENJOY THE MIRACLE REVIEW!! [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]Anne[/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

Do you have a site? I will be leaving on the miracle on june 1st and just thought it would be intresting to see your info.

Thank you for all your work and time in typing your cruise remarks. I was glued to my screen reading since we leave next Monday on the Miracle. I haven't been excited until last week. Wear and tear of everyday problems. Thank you so much for writing your review.

Sue
on Miracle June 2, 2008 and June 10, 2008

Archived