nyc terminal

russ879

I hope that I am posting this in the correct forum. I am leaving on the Miracle this Sunday and was planning to drive from Hartford Ct. I have since read that there are three ships in port and it being a holiday weekend the traffic will be horrific. Is there any advice on how to handle this? Is there anyone with expierence trying to find a cab after disembarking (on a Monday)? Thanks for any advice that will help minimize the chaos.

Hi! If you take the elevator to street level, there is a taxi stand across the street from the terminals. Assuming your luggage load is manageable, it's quicker to walk across the street to the taxi stand to hail a cab. Even though the info in the link says weekends, the cab drivers know when ships are in town (especially 3 of them), so you will be able to get a cab at one of these stops.

http://www.nyc.gov/html/tlc/html/news/ind04_10.shtml

It had been my experience to just grab your bags and go out to the sidewalk, the taxi`s line up there and so do the passengers, they will take you in order, and the line seems to move pretty quick, of you walk down the walk a little more, you can sometimes grab a cab of someone that is being let off.

We took the train in a couple times from New Haven, not sure of the train situation in Hartford, but if your able-bodied and not carting small children, its a fairly easy way to go. Short taxi ride from Grand Central Station to the port, about 7.00. (just a thought)

Last time we cruised, there were 2 ships in port and July 4th weekend.

We really had no issues and we got there are around 1. We are driving down for our upcoming cruise.

It is hectic but nothing out of the ordinary I thought.

Thank you for your replies. Someone posted a similar question and got a reply about a bus service in Ct that will drive you to the pier. She thought it was called enteratinment tours. I have googled this without success. Has anyone ever heard of this. Thanks!

Thank you for your replies. Someone posted a similar question and got a reply about a bus service in Ct that will drive you to the pier. She thought it was called enteratinment tours. I have googled this without success. Has anyone ever heard of this. Thanks!

It is called Entertainment Tours

http://www.enttours.com/cruise.aspx

Archived