wichi is the difference between cathegory 2A and 1A?

mariapretty

I´m triying to choose cabin, but don´t know the difference. The price is the same, so I don´t know what to do.

Could you help me???

Thank you in advance

Essentially the only difference is in the location of the cabin. 2A cabins tend tend to be towards the ends of the ship, while the 1A's are in the center. Since both the Journey and the Quest are smaller ships, their motion is less noticeable the closer you are to the center.

If the price is the same, and all other things are equal, take the 1A.

Thank you very much, but I´m afraid mine is 2A. My travel agency called me this morning to tell me that my room is 6078, 2A. I´m going to try to change it, but they told me that there was almos the last one...........:(

We sailed in Nov 07 with friends on the Quest. They had a 2a on deck 7, we had a 1a on deck 8. They enjoyed peace and quiet, we had a noise problem above us. Turns out the extra $200 was not worth it at all and I wish I had booked a 2a like our friends did. Why do you want to change your 2a? Happy Sailing!

We sailed in Nov 07 with friends on the Quest. They had a 2a on deck 7, we had a 1a on deck 8. They enjoyed peace and quiet, we had a noise problem above us. Turns out the extra $200 was not worth it at all and I wish I had booked a 2a like our friends did. Why do you want to change your 2a? Happy Sailing!

Curious as to what the noise problem was; We are booked on Quest Cabin 8025 next May. Your help is appreciated.

I´m triying to choose cabin, but don´t know the difference. The price is the same, so I don´t know what to do.

Could you help me???

Thank you in advance

Hi Maria !

The cabins are the same size. The category and pricing differences are based on the location of the cabin. If you can get a 1A for the same price as a 2A, you should go for the 1A.

Enjoy your Cruise !

Curious as to what the noise problem was; We are booked on Quest Cabin 8025 next May. Your help is appreciated.

Hi Aaubut !

There have been a very small amount of reports from passengers on Deck 8, who commented about noise from the Pool Deck which is on Deck 9. Deck 7 cabins would rule out the possibilty of dealing with any noise from the pool.

We had a Sky Suite on Deck 8 on Quest, and had no problems with noise from above. I would recommened checking the Deck plan, and see where your Cabin lines up below the pool area.

Enjoy your Cruise !

If I remember correctly, we were in cabin 8023 and Host Andy is correct about the noise problem. It wasn't THAT bad but because we paid an extra $200 for the 1a vs 2a, we were disappointed. Next time we will book a 2a. Happy Sailing!

Thanks everybody.

At the moment I have a 2A, but I´ll try to get a 1A. The reason is that I don´t want to get sick because of the movement of the ship, and I think that in the middle of the ship It´s more calm. But I´m not sure...

I don't think there is anything wrong with your cabin location, 6078. If you were totally forward, I'd say move but I don't think motion will be a problem in that location. I believe you are worrying for nothing. Happy Sailing!

I don't think there is anything wrong with your cabin location, 6078. If you were totally forward, I'd say move but I don't think motion will be a problem in that location. I believe you are worrying for nothing. Happy Sailing!

Thanks a lot!!!

I think you´re right. You have done a good thing for me, now I´m not worried any more about my cabin.

Thank you everybody for answer me about this matter. :)

Hi Aaubut !

There have been a very small amount of reports from passengers on Deck 8, who commented about noise from the Pool Deck which is on Deck 9. Deck 7 cabins would rule out the possibilty of dealing with any noise from the pool.

We had a Sky Suite on Deck 8 on Quest, and had no problems with noise from above. I would recommened checking the Deck plan, and see where your Cabin lines up below the pool area.

Enjoy your Cruise !

Thanks for the info. We have rebooked to Deck 7.

Archived