Bermuda Zoo & Aquarium

eyesofbrown

Is the Zoo and Aquarium any different than the ones found in the States? Do they specialize in Bermuda wildlife and sea life?

I am asking because, though I enjoy zoos and aquariums, I would hate to use a half day seeing these when it is something I can see at home. TIA

Is the Zoo and Aquarium any different than the ones found in the States? Do they specialize in Bermuda wildlife and sea life?

I am asking because, though I enjoy zoos and aquariums, I would hate to use a half day seeing these when it is something I can see at home. TIA

Bermuda is not known for it's wildlife so your're not going to see anything that was not brought in by ship. You'll see different varieties of fish that you may not see at home and huge turtles but that's about it. Some people love it but I feel the same way as you....if I can see it at home, there are other things to spend my time on.:)

From what I remember, the zoo and aquarium are similar to what you would see in the States, only half the size. They are very small. In the zoo, I remember seeing flamingos, monkeys and sea lions or seals.

The aquarium has beautiful fish, but again it is quite small. If you have small children, they will love it.

The zoo and aquarium are very small. Not much native stuff there. Little kids would like it. I would have skipped them in hindsight.

I must say, I have been to some of the best and largest zoos and aquariums. But, the admission price for the Bermuda zoo and aquarium are surprisingly reasonable. My dh and I had a pleasant and enjoyable afternoon there last year. Then we headed to the Swizzle inn. HAHAHA Have fun no matter what you do. You're in BERMUDA!

Luckily the Aquarium is on the #10 and 11 bus route and busses go by every 20 minutes or so toward Hamilton and St Georges. I highly recommend the Aquarium. The zoo is good but the aquarium is excellent. I could spend hours sitting in front of the North Rock tank. The only reason I don't is because they have a lousy no alcohol to be consumed on premises rule. Do yourself a favour and get off the bus and visit this wonderful facility

Archived