How many ships at HMC

allentownahoy

How can I find out whether my ship (Westerdam) will be sharing the island on Dec. 8 when I am there?

The Noordam will be there along with your ship, the Westerdam.

Melissa

PS. Sorry didn't see that someone else just answered

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I agree. More than one Vista class ship is too many.

The beach will look like this if there are two ships in there the same day:

If there is more than one ship, a cabana with your own piece of privacy is must.

You know that I completely agree with you on that point.

tyhoonwi or bruce-r,

We have a cabana rented and I was wondering if you are on a tour how do you show it is occupied? Or is that not even a problem?

Thank you, Susan

I wouldn't concern myself with someone taking your cabana while you are away.

There are staff wandering through the area on a regular basis. A waiter will usually stop by after your arrival, and tell you to let him know if you need anything.

l20.jpg

It looks like even if we dragged a chair down to the furthest end the beach, we'd still feel like sardines.

I've been looking at the maps of HMC. There appears to be a Look-Out Bar on the opposite side of the island and it is right next to the beach. Does anyone know if this is a good spot to retreat from the crowds? If not, maybe there are other trails that lead to a place of quiet?

My DH and I booked my cruise quite a bit in advance. I went immediately to the Holland America Shore Excursion web page. All of the cabanas were wait-listed. I even called Holland America to see if there was some mistake. I've come to find out it is because of the dual ships on shore.Unfortunately the Cabanas are all booked. So, this is not an option.

I wouldn't concern myself with someone taking your cabana while you are away.

There are staff wandering through the area on a regular basis. A waiter will usually stop by after your arrival, and tell you to let him know if you need anything.

Thank you, typhoonwi, for getting back to me so quickly. I feel better about the tour we are taking right after we get there.

Susan

You might have problems with someone trying to move in on your clamshell if you leave for any length of time. It happened to us once and we just moved their stuff under the tree. Our stuff was in the shell but they did not care. Then tried to tell us it was theirs. You must give your voucher for it to someone and they will bring the pole that holds it open.

• 2 months later...

l20.jpg

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to many people:mad:

I was so looking forward to HMC, until I found out there would be 2 vista. This is the type of beach scene we try so hard to avoid!!

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to many people:mad:

I was so looking forward to HMC, until I found out there would be 2 vista. This is the type of beach scene we try so hard to avoid!!

I agree. We had the Yellow Cabana and it wasn't that bad in front of us. This is what it looked like down the beach past the last Cabana.

l16.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Archived