Mexican Riviera

We've done the 7 day Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan, and Cabo twice with another booked. We have also done a few short ones with Ensenada. All are a lot of fun. Did you have any specific questions?

We have done the Maz, PV and Cabo trip. We had a blast. It was on Vision and we will go again next March. Maz was just kind of ok but PV and Cabo were a lot of fun. They are great ports to vist and offer some great excursions. The horseback ride in PV was a lot of fun. There are some great restaurants and bars to see in Cabo although the port in general is a bit expensive.

I am not aware of any cruise currently offered by RC to stop at Maz, Cabo and Ensenada. In 2009-10 Radiance will do trips from SD that go to Cabo and Ensenada

Can anyone confirm if the ship changes its time to the local port of call time or does it stay 1 hour ahead the entire 7 days?

TIA

Yep, that's confirmed! Watch the compass. Enjoy :)

I'm doing the Mariner out of San Pedro May 31, 2009

can't wait, I was disappointed with the ship moving, I had originally wanted to do w. carribbean. but after reading on the board's Ports of Call threads, i'm happy now!

RCI has some great pricing on Mariner for the Mexican Riviera especially in April/09 :) and a couple of Savings Certificates as well.

THANK, EMMY. THAT IS EXACTLY THE CRUISE WE ARE TAKING, NEXT APRIL OUT OF SAN PEDRO.

Check my signature. :D Actually, most of the time the Mexican Riviera includes Puerto Vallarta and not Ensenada. That's usually in a Baja itinerary, but not always, I gather. Ten days cruises often include Acapulco and Zihuantenajo/Ixtapa. I've done them all more than a few times. Doin' it again next April on the Mariner.

HAS ANYONE SAILED AN RCCL MEXICAN RIVIERA ROUTE?

mazatlan, cabo san lucas and ensenada. :confused:

just did this from the left coast this past april(spring break week here in NY)... it was so much less money to fly and cruise out of LA(with only 3 month notice) then anywhere on the east coast...there is a big difference from sailing in the caribbean I would do it again if the price was really cheap but all things equal caribbean is more my speed Cabo was the best port

Wondering about which months are best weather for the Mexican Riv? We would really like to go in 2009 - any advice from the regulars?

Spring or fall. Their rainy season is in the summer, and it gets really humid. I think I would find a winter cruise too cool for the most part.

Actually spring is the best. Up until early November you run the risk of hurricanes. I went once in mid Oct. and missed all the ports but Cabo because of a hurricane. Winter months are really not bad in Mexico. LA would be much cooler and the seas can be rougher. I prefer the spring. In fact I'm booked on the Mariner in April.

Spring or fall. Their rainy season is in the summer, and it gets really humid. I think I would find a winter cruise too cool for the most part.

On our New Year's cruise, the sea days were cool and windy, but the ports were warm to hot. You would have been fine.:)

We usually go in April or May. The weather has been tricky lately, so sometimes it's hot and sometimes not. Mostly very comfortable.

I sometimes have problems finding tours that I can do--problems with heat and walking far. For me, beaches and long tours are out.

I have done dolphin swims, cliff divers, and DH has played golf. Next cruise, I will be doing the sea lion swim and maybe parasailing.

Pat

Does everyone pretty much get off the ship and walk around? I don't see nearly as many tour companies as you see for other cruises (or as much info).

There are a lot of excursions in Cabo and PV - not as many in Mazatlan. There are good private operators in Mazatlan - Randi's Happy Horses and Mazatlan Frank. Cabo is really the only place that you can get off and walk around - Mazatlan's pier is in an industrial area, and you have to take a tram to the exit. PV's pier is by a Walmart (!), but is within walking distance of some resorts where you can get a day pass. If you want to go to the Malecon, you will have to get a cab.

Frankly, just walking around is something that to me is boring. I don't want to shop, and I don't want to be approached by vendors every 2 seconds.:rolleyes: I have more fun if I have something booked.;)

Frankly, just walking around is something that to me is boring. I don't want to shop, and I don't want to be approached by vendors every 2 seconds.:rolleyes: I have more fun if I have something booked.;)

Just walking around bores me too.. I think we are booking with Mazatlan Frank, so Maz is covered. We'll be in Cabo twice and aren't sure what to do, other than seeing El Arco and Lover's Beach (DH is not a beach person, so that will be his limit). I think we are talking about doing the America's Cup thing in PV (but I'm undecided because $200 for 3 hrs. seems a bit much).

Archived