Cruise wedding registry?

Just wondering if anyone had used the wedding/honeymoon registry that Carnival has on their wedding pages before. I really like the idea of it, just wondered if anyone has any experience with it and if it's all it's said to be.

http://www.carnival.honeymoonwishes.com/

That is awesome! I would totally do it if I was on Carnival! I am getting married on RCCL instead. What a great idea!!!

That is awesome! I would totally do it if I was on Carnival! I am getting married on RCCL instead. What a great idea!!!

I am thinking that RCCL may have something similar, but not as specific as Carnival. I mean, I think through RCCL you can "register" for things that you want onboard the ship, such as champagne, choc covered strawberries, RCCL gear (not sure why anyone would want that), and on-board credit in the form of RCCL giftcards, but I don't think you can register for excursions. I am not positive about this. However if you have a TA, he/she may be able to help you out with this as well, if the cruiseline doesn't offer it directly through them.

We were going to add this to our registery since we are going on a carnival cruise for our honeymoon, but I think the service charge is way too high. If people want to contribute to our honeymoon, they will just give us money directly. In out TY notes, we will thank them for helping us to do __________ on our honeymoon.

We had some items purchsed off our registry. I then sent a request for it to be paid to test it out. We chose paypal. The following day I got an email saying it would be processed. With in an hour of the e-mail the amount was depositted into our paypal account. They did deduct the 7% service fee. Pretty smooth all together. I hate that it is a 7% fee, but we have been together for years and we can only do so much with the household registries and I would never dream of asking for money. So this is a solution that works for us. We will take the amount and use it towards wonderful things on our cruise.

Unfortunately one of the items that was purchsed was a room upgrade. The amount I registered for would not cover an upgrade. Also the only rooms left are balcony with obstructed views. So we will not be able to use it for what they intended, but we will think of something else wonderful.

Thanks for the info, glad it all seemed to process through well. We are in a similar boat, where we've been together for quite a while and have all the usual type gifts already. This is definately an option I willl use.:)

Archived