Galaxy Forward Cabin Question

springtxbill

I am booked in one of the forward facing cabins on the Galaxy. Has anyone been in one of these cabins and how was it?

They are absolutely fantastic! Be sure and get 8004 or 8007, they are HUGE!

Has a great view to both sides of the ship and you can look straight down to the water because the room juts out to the side of the hull.

These are my favorate cabins. You can move your table to the 5' wide window and eat while you watch the view.

There is more movement being in the bow, but it didn't bother me.

We are in 8005 and I see it has no seating area :) and was wondering how that was. I wanted one on the bow because I figure going thru the canal it would be a great view.:)

Seriously, you HAVE to change to 8004 or 8007...they are huge AND you can see toward the port and starboard no matter which side you choose.

I figure they are well over 200 sq ft.

Very large sitting area !

Called my TA this afternoon and they are taken,but she will be checking back later. :)

Good... keep at it.

Sometimes I will call the cruiseline myself and find out availiability. If what I want is open, then I call my TA and grab it!

Good luck! I hope you get one!:)

We sailed out of Baltimore on an 11 Day Eastern Carribean Itinerary on October 13th 2003. We had Stateroom 8004. What a fantastic stateroom.

It is almost as big as a Suite. It is one of only seven staterooms on the entire ship that look over the bow. Order breakfast room-service every morning as the view is unbelievable. In my opinion there is only one negative to this stateroom and that is that there is only one double door clothes closet, so closet space to hang clothes is very limited. There is a love seat and lots of space at the far end of the room to store luggage , shoes ect. The glass table & chairs that you can put directly in front of the window makes for very romantic dining in your room. This room is at least 100 sq. ft. larger than the normal oceanview staterooms. Enjoy your Cruise on the Galaxy she is a beautiful ship.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I actually had to cancel that cruise a couple of months ago when my wife finally decided she could not be gone a whole extra week from her teaching job. We substituted with the Rhapsody so we will just be gone during Spring break. I will be looking for those rooms however next time.:)

I actually had to cancel that cruise a couple of months ago when my wife finally decided she could not be gone a whole extra week from her teaching job. We substituted with the Rhapsody so we will just be gone during Spring break. I will be looking for those rooms however next time.:)

Hey, atleast you will be cruising somewhere. I have been on the Rhapsody twice and have enjoyed her.

We have been on her 3 times and she is our favorite, but were trying to get in the Canal. You can't beat the rhapsody when it is only about 90 minutes from the house.:)

Lucky you. There are no ports that close to Phoenix....:)

Sean

Archived