Baltimore Get Ready!!

Legend

I posted this under the 2009 shuffle but hey it really deserves a post all its own. The Carnival Pride is changing her Panama Canal destination and she will end in Baltimore. She is then doing the Bermuda cruise from there and then.......well you will just have to stay tuned for further updates on her whereabouts!!

I posted this under the 2009 shuffle but hey it really deserves a post all its own. The Carnival Pride is changing her Panama Canal destination and she will end in Baltimore. She is then doing the Bermuda cruise from there and then.......well you will just have to stay tuned for further updates on her whereabouts!!

Who is your source for this info?

Seems odd for a few reasons

1) Since it was originally planned to end in Miami, going to Baltimore would add at least a day to the cruise.

2) Carnival would have to pay change fees for anyone that already purchased airfare to Miami.

3) Miracle calls on Bermuda mid April and Carnival gets a premium on that cruise because they only do it once a year

4) She has a full schedule of cruises leaving from Miami

http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/ships/carnival_pride/default.aspx?shipCode=PR

Guess we will have to stay tuned.

Wow - that would be in my wildest dreams!!!:D

Finger's crossed for our lovely Marylandlady!!!!

Thanks! I have everything crossed!!!:eek: Going down the Chesapeake Bay is almost as cool as going down the Mississippi. Loved them both!:D

Can't wait for them to get those dates announced. LHP get up here and cruise with us! :D

No, we sailed from Florida, we've never sailed from the northern states. :( This would be an excellent opportunity!

Sorry to hear that! I guess the Miracle didn't come to Baltimore until May. We've done quite a few trips out of NY, too. That's a great place to sail out of because the views are breathtaking! Plus, you get a night in NYC if you go in a day early (always do), and you can take the train and miss all the fun at the airports!;)

Can you tell us where you got this info. We are booked on this cruise, and would need to buy more air if it ends in Baltimore. :(

Its not going to happen guys, Baltimore pissed off Carnival long ago. Thats why they haven't been back since. From the News Clip I posted a month or 2 ago, it was the worst cruise terminal in the Nation with people having to use port-a-potty outdoors etc.

I know they have a new cruise terminal since but I highly doubt Carnival will return after that last fiasco.

No news about it here: http://carnival-news.com/

Fred

Its not going to happen guys, Baltimore pissed off Carnival long ago. Thats why they haven't been back since. From the News Clip I posted a month or 2 ago, it was the worst cruise terminal in the Nation with people having to use port-a-potty outdoors etc.

I know they have a new cruise terminal since but I highly doubt Carnival will return after that last fiasco.

Fred

You really know how to burst my bubble! :rolleyes: Everytime anyone starts one of these Baltimore threads, I get so excited that I can't do anything all day long! And then you come along with your port-a-potties story! :eek: Guess I will have to do some work now -- dishes, here I come.

Sharon :D

You really know how to burst my bubble! :rolleyes: Everytime anyone starts one of these Baltimore threads, I get so excited that I can't do anything all day long! And then you come along with your port-a-potties story! :eek: Guess I will have to do some work now -- dishes, here I come.

I really hope they do get a Carnival Ship there in Baltimore, I called some people and they haven't heard anything about it. Bob and Gerry would of called me by now. :D

Fred

I really hope they do get a Carnival Ship there in Baltimore, I called some people and they haven't heard anything about it. Bob and Gerry would of called me by now. :D

Fred

Maybe one of these days we'll get one back -- I'm really not holding my breath, but I do tend to get excited! But I still have NY which isn't that far, and it's a great place to go out of.:) I guess one of these times I'm going to have to go out from your neck of the woods since I haven't been to the West Coast in ages!

Let me know if you get a call about Baltimore!!;)

Sharon

Sharon, have you sailed out of NYC yet? :confused:

Fred

I sure have! Been on the Canada/New England trip three times (Triumph once and Victory twice) and the Caribbean two times (Legend and Miracle). I love NY! It's funny, when I had to travel there for work, I really disliked going to the city, I guess because I'd fly in early and leave at rush hour to come home -- a lot of day trips. However, after I started going there for the cruises and for fun trips, it really grew on me and I love going there. Have you gone out of NY?

Sharon

Have you gone out of NY?

Sharon

My buddy Mike and I are from Brooklyn, so when he went back home to visit and show his new wife and family around, they took the Legend cruise out of NYC and it turned out to be his first and last cruise.:o

Fred

Sorry to hear that! I guess the Miracle didn't come to Baltimore until May. We've done quite a few trips out of NY, too. That's a great place to sail out of because the views are breathtaking! Plus, you get a night in NYC if you go in a day early (always do), and you can take the train and miss all the fun at the airports!;)

We may end up doing that in the fall instead of going out of Florida, we're relatively close to the train station.

No news about it here: http://carnival-news.com/

Fred

Oh Fred, you and your accurate reporting, that isn't doing us any good! :p I talked to someone who took the Grandeur to Bermuda about 3 weeks ago and she complained about the terminal they had to use, plus the ship was late, they weren't feeding them, offered them a bus trip to the Inner Harbor while they waited. I think a dinner at Phillips would have been nice. :D

You really know how to burst my bubble! :rolleyes: Everytime anyone starts one of these Baltimore threads, I get so excited that I can't do anything all day long! And then you come along with your port-a-potties story! Guess I will have to do some work now -- dishes, here I come.

Same here, I just emailed my husband to tell him and now I have to let him know it isn't true...bleh. :(

My buddy Mike and I are from Brooklyn, so when he went back home to visit and show his new wife and family around, they took the Legend cruise out of NYC and it turned out to be his first and last cruise.:o

Fred

Oh my! What happened to them? The only complaint (if you can call it that -- after all, I was on a ship with engines!:p ) was in the dining room. We were in a corner by the windows on the lower floor and the vibrations were a little annoying. But hey ... it was a cruise!!! We just happened to be in the wrong place. But we had fantastic table mates!!! We also had a great Captain on the ship, he was out and about and I actually got to have a short conversation with him in the dining room at lunch one day. He also let us know that it was Friday the 13th and we were in the Bermuda Triangle!:eek:

So how did it happen that you ended up on the west coast if you're from Brooklyn?

Sharon

I will never understand why people post these tease threads and end it by saying they will tell us more later. I really wish something could be done to curtail this.

Im sure any that are booked on the Pride PC cruise are calling Carnival to make sure they dont have to change flights, hotels and transportation.

To me unless you have proof, you should post it. What good does it do?

Ok off my soapbox.

I will never understand why people post these tease threads and end it by saying they will tell us more later. I really wish something could be done to curtail this.

Im sure any that are booked on the Pride PC cruise are calling Carnival to make sure they dont have to change flights, hotels and transportation.

To me unless you have proof, you should post it. What good does it do?

Ok off my soapbox.

Wow, what a grumpy gus. Nothing said on cruise critic should be taken as gospel unless there is a fact attached. I love reading all the what if's and the maybe's. Don't be afraid to cross over to the other side and see what a life of if's and maybe's is like. I actually kind of like it. It makes life a challenge. JMHO.:D

I'm one of those people on the PC cruise and my initial reaction was "whoo hoo...more days on the ship", but I don't intend to do anything until and IF (big IF) there is something official.

Hiya Sandy, we were gonna rent a car and drive back up from Miami. Can't very well do that from Baltimore. :cool:

Archived