Port charges included in Tax or what?

Hey Everyone ,

I booked my cruise for TWO, on Splendour of the Seas departing Venice on july 5th thru Cruise.com , coz they were offering pre paid gratuties. They have added port charges $250 , along with tax $150 and fuel $60 ( i booked before may 1st 2008) .Now i happened to call RCCL directly to get a general quote , and they say they add port charges along with tax , which comes to $ 150 in total. So do u think cruise.com screwed me over? I would appreciate anyone's comments / info on this subject . Thanks a Billion!!!!

Ouchie, I would go to RCL's website, pretend to book through there. At the end it shows what they charge for tax and port. It sounds like someone is trying to make up for prepaying your gratuities :(

Screwed you over is rather harsh. However, different places list things differently in order to show a lower advertised price, and you always need to compare bottom line prices not the price you see in the promos.

Hey Everyone ,

I booked my cruise for TWO, on Splendour of the Seas departing Venice on july 5th thru Cruise.com , coz they were offering pre paid gratuties. They have added port charges $250 , along with tax $150 and fuel $60 ( i booked before may 1st 2008) .Now i happened to call RCCL directly to get a general quote , and they say they add port charges along with tax , which comes to $ 150 in total. So do u think cruise.com screwed me over? I would appreciate anyone's comments / info on this subject . Thanks a Billion!!!!

Travel agents very often price their cruises differently to the cruise lines, probably so that their prices seem cheap in their advertisements. The best thing to do is to check the bottom line with both a ta and RCI and then base your decision on that figure

Guess what ?

I called cruise.com and told me about the issue with port charges , and they refunded my port chages back. So all's well! I guess it doesn't hurt to do a bit of research..... Thanks anyways!!!:p

Archived