Very disappointed, no Holiday for me.

DarthGrady

Well, I had to cancel my Holiday cruise.

It was supposed to be a Bachelor Party cruise with a group of friends. The main problem was convincing them that it made sense to drive 6 hours to Mobile to take the same 4 day cruise to Cozumel that we could take on the Inspiration out of Tampa (2 hour drive) for almost the same price.

Many of you may be thinking that it in fact does not make sense. My friends would agree with you. But I wanted to go on the Holiday! She won't be around much longer, and I wanted to see her! I ultimately folded, and booked the Inspiration instead. It was either that, or go with only a couple of people. Needless to say, this is a major bummer. Don't get me wrong, it will still be a good time (Mons Venus is right there;) ), but I am gonna regret never getting to sail on Holiday. Maybe I will get lucky and Carnival will keep her until 2010.

Well, I had to cancel my Holiday cruise.

It was supposed to be a Bachelor Party cruise with a group of friends. The main problem was convincing them that it made sense to drive 6 hours to Mobile to take the same 4 day cruise to Cozumel that we could take on the Inspiration out of Tampa (2 hour drive) for almost the same price.

Many of you may be thinking that it in fact does not make sense. My friends would agree with you. But I wanted to go on the Holiday! She won't be around much longer, and I wanted to see her! I ultimately folded, and booked the Inspiration instead. It was either that, or go with only a couple of people. Needless to say, this is a major bummer. Don't get me wrong, it will still be a good time (Mons Venus is right there;) ), but I am gonna regret never getting to sail on Holiday. Maybe I will get lucky and Carnival will keep her until 2010.

You are going to have a fabulous time on your cruise. he Holiday is a very nice ship but she is not something that you should feel bad about not sailing. Go on your cruise with all of your friends and try and remember, the ship is only a part of what makes a wonderful vacation. Good friends/Ports of Call/Fantastic food and those drinks you and your friends are going to drink.

Have fun and know you made the right decision.

Darth:

We have sailed on her many times and she gave us a great ride every time.

When we sailed her in December, it was to say goodbye.

We have retired many ships...but she will be the most special when she goes!

I know you will still have a GREAT time.

BTW< we got the 3 hour tour of I-75 in Ocala last Friday (may 9th) when that 18 wheeler was in the accident and caught on fire. We were on the way to our cruise. Hope no one was killed. The accident scene was pretty messed up.

Clearly, the force was not with you this time. Holiday is a nice ship, but you shouldn't go out of your way so much to be cool like myself and the others who have sailed on her. Enjoy the Bachelor party and have fun. :cool:

The Inspiration is so nice now since the rehab. You will enjoy her. Hope you get George the Greek, OPA!!, as a Matire d'. The serenity area is so nice. I never did the slides but the kid we had with us enjoyed it.

I can understand your desire to sail the Holiday. My cruise in October was made a little more special knowing the Celebration would soon be leaving Carnival's service.

But in your situation, there are several other people involved who do not have the same emotional investment, and choosing the Holiday doesn't have enough meaning for them to justify the additional inconveniences.

I hope you do get to sail the Holiday some other time. Meanwhile, have fun on Inspiration!

Clearly, the force was not with you this time. Holiday is a nice ship, but you shouldn't go out of your way so much to be cool like myself and the others who have sailed on her. Enjoy the Bachelor party and have fun. :cool:

Nice.:D

BTW< we got the 3 hour tour of I-75 in Ocala last Friday (may 9th) when that 18 wheeler was in the accident and caught on fire. We were on the way to our cruise. Hope no one was killed. The accident scene was pretty messed up.

Major semi truck crashes seem to be a trend on I-75 in Ocala lately. We're just lucky I guess.

The Holiday was my first cruise, and I would love to sail on her one more time. I don't see it happening, though. :(

Same here, first cruise for me, and if she is still around 2011, I will book her then.

Fred

Archived