Transportation Question

I need some help on transportation to and from Orlando Airport to Port Canaveral, FL for our Mariner of the Seas cruise in October.

My questions are:

1. If you have rented a car in Orlando to go to Port Canaveral, which is the best/cheapest and also had an easy return at the port for drop-off the morning of the cruise. Also, who has the best pickup for after the cruise to drive back to Orlando?

2. If you have used a private shuttle such as Art's or etc. which ones have you used and which ones are the best for pickup at the cruise terminal the morning of debarkation and the best on prices for up to 4 people with luggage?

I am wanting to book asap whether it be with a rental car or a private service, but I thought I would ask the experts first. Thanks in advance.

We used Tiffany Towncars to meet us at the airport and take us to the ship then pick us up at the ship to go back to the airport and they were wonderful. As friendly and prompt as could be - they didn't even complain or charge us extra when one of our two flights was delayed. (We arrived on different flights and were supposed to get to Orlando about 10 minutes apart. They were there for the first flight then had to wait almost an hour for the second delayed flight. Never one complaint from the driver!!

We are renting a car from Avis at Orlando Airport and dropping it off at the Avis in Port Canaveral. The Avis in Port Canaveral will drop you off at the pier free of charge. We are also doing the same for the return (opposite order:D )and they are picking us up from the port.;) :cool:

We have used Budget at the airport and drove to Cocoa Beach a day early. Then turn the car in the day of the cruise and they will drop you off at the port then pick you up at the pier and take you to their office to pick a car up and you can drive to the airport. That way you have a car to drive and your not stranded at the hotel for the day. Have fun. We have to wait till 10-26-09 for our next cruise.

:)

One thing to remember when traveling with 4 people.. . A full size car will not hold enough luggage for 4. You need a minivan. We had 4 adults last week going to Port Canaveral and rented a mini van as we were in Orlando for a few days before sailing. Not all rental companies have drop off locations in Port Canaveral/Cocoa Beach. When renting from Orlando Airport Budget, Dollar and 1 or 2 others are the most convenient as the rental cars are right outside of the luggage area. The other rental companies you have to take a bus to get car which is not the end of the world just not as convenient. Coming back we used Arts Shuttle. We asked for a private van $85 for 4 adults and all luggage which I thought was a bargain as they were awaiting us as soon as we got off ship and we were at the airport at 9:00a.m. If you don't take private van you may have to wait for bus to fill up which could be a problem if you have an early flight. Good luck.

Archived