Hot Tub Restrictions?

aarinsmama

I wonder where they go to the bathroom, especially after beer after beer after beer.....

Compare left and right and that should give you your answer.

992629522303_0_BG.jpg?a=878

I wish this were always true, but we had kids cannonballing into the adult only aft hot tubs on the Victory last year and security only shrugged their shoulders at us and walked away.:mad: I love kids - but if those two of the 6 or 9 hot tubs onboard are posted as adults only, then they need to enforce it.

I was actually worried that one of those kids would hurt themselves jumping in like that - but the parents were nowhere to be found.

Trust me on this......if you see behavior like this, or kids being somewhere they are not supposed to be, obnoxious passengers behaving badly, a word to the nearest "in charge" person will get action. While deck hands around the pool may be a little reticent, you can bet that anyone in charge will do it. If all else fails, get to the Pursers desk. In the Lido buffet and eating area, there is always a bar manager or restaurant manager or assistant somewhere....find him or her.

Same with chair hogs....no need to make a scene. Simply find the first badge that says "team leader" or "manager" or "host"....they'll take care of it.

Sometimes your approach is important to. Don't go off half-cocked, steaming at the brow. Approach transactionally----on the adult level and you won't have any problem.

Those of us who are being beset by bad behavior, unruly children, jerks and others who disregard courtesy must simply speak up. NOt speaking up just lets the behavior continue.

Trust me on this......if you see behavior like this' date=' or kids being somewhere they are not supposed to be, obnoxious passengers behaving badly, a word to the nearest "in charge" person will get action. While deck hands around the pool may be a little reticent, you can bet that anyone in charge will do it. If all else fails, get to the Pursers desk. In the Lido buffet and eating area, there is always a bar manager or restaurant manager or assistant somewhere....find him or her.

Same with chair hogs....no need to make a scene. Simply find the first badge that says "team leader" or "manager" or "host"....they'll take care of it.

Sometimes your approach is important to. Don't go off half-cocked, steaming at the brow. Approach transactionally----on the adult level and you won't have any problem.

Those of us who are being beset by bad behavior, unruly children, jerks and others who disregard courtesy must simply speak up. NOt speaking up just lets the behavior continue.[/quote']

Trust me - I'm the last person to go off half-cocked and I hate anything confrontational - we were very polite and actually asked a ship security officer. It was only a two day cruise so we didn't pursue the issue more - after that those hot tubs were closed for maintenance the rest of the cruise anyway so it didn't really matter. I did mention in a letter to Carnival afterward what had happened (along with some other issues) and how much we'd like to see them enforce the adult areas.

We didn't have any problem on the Liberty in October but there weren't many kids on that sailing.

Honestly, the little kids don't bother me as much as the "drunk group" that always takes over the hot tub for hours and just stays there until the sun goes down!!

I wonder where they go to the bathroom, especially after beer after beer after beer.....

Yep, on our recent Inspiration cruise, one of the hot tubs became the gathering point for 5 or 6 20-somethings that took one of them over for their private submarine races. One guy brought a little boom box and propped it up on his shoulder for the folks around him to hear his version of culture spewing out. The staff did ask him to tone it down, and it wasn't as loud from then on. But they just camped out in that one tub all day and most of the evening.

Never did stick around to check when they got out, but they had to be a bit wrinkly.

Archived