Which did you like better? Dream or newer ship?

soccermommy

I'm sure this has been covered before, but my search attempts did not help...specifically- I've been trying to convince DH that we really, really need a new cruise, and since we both would love to visit Nova Scotia, and live in the Boston area, bingo! we're looking at the Dream cruises to Canada this fall. We've only been on the Star, in a minsuite, and loved the balcony and extra room, which I understand, are not available on the Dream.

So, all you nice experts, if I can convince him to book, and it really isn't all that hard, please tell me what you like about a smaller, older ship, especially the staterooms. I need all the ammunition I can get, outside of the fact that the way things are going, a cruise has to be less expensive than driving over 700 miles from Boston! Seriously, thanks in advance for your help.

Not sure what's up with the post above mine. :rolleyes:

But anyway, to answer your question. What I like about the smaller ships is the level of service is usually better, more personal. You get to know the crew and your fellow passengers much better when there are fewer of you.

Hi

We went on the dream 2 years ago to the Baltic (our first "proper" cruise ) and had such a wonderful time that we would have got straight back on and done the trip again. All the crew were wonderful. I travelled with my parents and we had a balcony cabin which was big enough for the 3 of us. Some people we met on board via cruise critics had the equivalent cabin without the balcony and although there was a little more room we were glad we had the balcony.

We are off on the Jade next week so will then have a larger ship to compare with the Dream.

I would not hesitate to go on the Dream again although she is one of the older ships in the fleet.

Sue G

Thank you both for your replies, they definitely confirm what I already suspected: We won't suffer on the Dream! DH is inching closer to booking, so I guess my question narrows to balcony vs. superior ocean view in terms of space. The oceanview is less expensive, of course, but I really like having a balcony....I know, such a problem to have!

As for the first reply, it had something to do with copper sinks...and appears to have been deleted...

Soccermommy; In addition to the NCL Dream, you have two other options sailing out of Boston. Holland American Maasdam does Canada (one-way), May thru Sept., and Royal Caribbean Jewel of the Seas does Canada in Sept. and Oct. These are newer and larger ships that may offer more choices of cabin catgories. Have fun deciding!! Know you will have a great trip whichever you choice!!

Archived