Diamond Princess Beijing to Bangkok

holidayhelen

Hi - we are from the UK and we are doing the Diamond Princess Beijing to Bangkok next Nov - 2009.

Can anyone help with Visa advice. We seem to go into some countries twice would that mean we need 2 visas for these countries?

We are not really sure what countries need visas and how we go about getting them - before we leave uk or on arrival at airport.

Any advice? Also any ideas or tips from anyone who has already done this tour

Many thanks

Helen

If you're speaking about China visas - you have a choice of a single entrance or multiple entrance visa - get the multiple one, but it does expire, so be careful about applying for one too soon. The Vietnam visa is handled on the ship and took a matter of moments to do - easy-squeezy

What other countries are you having trouble with? We did this cruise on the Pacific Princess and loved it. If you'd like to read our travel diary, drop me a line at charliekirby@comcast.com.

(Edited)

Can anyone help with Visa advice. We seem to go into some countries twice would that mean we need 2 visas for these countries?

We have taken this cruise. You will be entering, leaving, then re-entering China. As previously mentioned, be absolutely certain you apply for, and receive, a multiple entry Chinese visa. Very important. Do not apply too soon though. The visa will expire. This is assuming the Chinese requirements are the same for British and American citizens??? Probably are.

• 1 month later...
Hi - we are from the UK and we are doing the Diamond Princess Beijing to Bangkok next Nov - 2009.

We are not really sure what countries need visas and how we go about getting them - before we leave uk or on arrival at airport.

Many thanks

Helen

Hi Helen

We are also from the UK and are booked for the Diamond Princess Beijing to Bangkok this October. I have just posted this on our Roll Call board so hope this will be of help to you:

We made final payment today and while speaking to our TA I asked about visas for Beijing to Bangkok. She gave me the following number which is the CUNARD VISA SERVICE which also covers Princess - 08450710307

The young man I spoke to was extremely helpful and knowledgeable. We're joining the cruise in Beijing so the following info relates only to the POC after Beijing.

Multiple entry needed for China ( cost via Cunard £105pp - some other agencies are much cheaper than this) indicated that changes are expected shortly with China visa situation - do not apply yet - it takes only five days to get a visa

Vietnam - visa required but will be arranged on ship and charged to onboard account

No other visas required for other POC

He also said that we would be sent a Visa Information Pack twelve weeks before departure date.

Ros:)

Many thanks

Helen

We did this cruise is 2005.

China was a multiple visa because of Beijing, Shanghai & Hong Kong. Depending where in the UK you are... there may be a Chinese Consulate that you can go to. We are in NY, went took all of our info, $ and pics dropped them off in the morning and picked them up after lunch.

The ship arranged the $5 Viet Nam visa which was charged to the ship bill.

If you need any help or questions regarding guides or tours send me an email I'd be happy to share what we did.

• 5 weeks later...

We are also looking into the Beijing to Bangkok cruise. However, we are US citizens living in Phuket for the next three years. I know we need the China multiple visas for the cruise but are unsure how we go about getting them here, epecially since we are US citizens. Does anyone know if we would have problems getting them in perhaps Bangkok at the embassy?

Thank you any information you can share.

Barbara

We are also looking into the Beijing to Bangkok cruise. However, we are US citizens living in Phuket for the next three years. I know we need the China multiple visas for the cruise but are unsure how we go about getting them here, epecially since we are US citizens. Does anyone know if we would have problems getting them in perhaps Bangkok at the embassy?

Thank you any information you can share.

Barbara

A suggestion would be to contact the Chinese Embassy closest to Phuket and ask them.

The application form is available on the web.

http://www.china-embassy.org/chn/hzqz/zgqz/P020070611087242661716.pdf

I think it may be up to the Embassy. We took pictures, the form, money and our passports. We left the passport for the morning and picked it up in the afternoon. If this is all they require, the passport being the main source of identity, it may not matter where you are.

How wonderful to be living in Phuket for an extended period. =0)

You will find a lot of discussions of Visas on the Princess Roll Call, Diamond Princess. Sept 20th cruise from Alaska (continues Beijing to Bangkok). If same itinerary wou will only need China Visa, Princess takes care of Veitnam.

Many thanks

Helen

Archived