AC Diplomatic Barcelona

Who has stayed at this hotel? Please tell me all about it and what to except rates wise. Where exactly is it situated. We have stayed at Le Meridien which is a wonderful hotel - the only thing is that we heard from other cruisers on our cruise that they paid WAY less at AC Diplomatic. We're going back again next year and are considering staying there this time.

We are booked for the AC Diplomatic for three nights precruise early November. We checked many travel sites but ended up booking through their own site for the best rate. You might look at tripadvisor.com for reviews from people that have stayed there. Found them very informative & positive. We will try & post after we get back from our Transatlantic on the Splendour. We will return on 11/27. Good luck with your planning.

[quote name='zebra']Who has stayed at this hotel? Please tell me all about it and what to except rates wise. Where exactly is it situated. We have stayed at Le Meridien which is a wonderful hotel - the only thing is that we heard from other cruisers on our cruise that they paid WAY less at AC Diplomatic. We're going back again next year and are considering staying there this time.[/QUOTE]
I will try to post when I return on Oct 26, sounds like a very good hotel at tripadvisor.com and I like the free mini-bar since DH is a soda junkie and they are quite expensive in Europe. :)

• 2 weeks later...
I just stayed there Sunday night. I think we booked it on expedia for around $150. Nice hotel, very modern and stark. Gorgeous marble bathroom. The walls are a little thin, but for the price a great deal.
Also the fridge in the room has free soda, water, and beer.

[quote name='zebra']Who has stayed at this hotel? Please tell me all about it and what to except rates wise. Where exactly is it situated. We have stayed at Le Meridien which is a wonderful hotel - the only thing is that we heard from other cruisers on our cruise that they paid WAY less at AC Diplomatic. We're going back again next year and are considering staying there this time.[/QUOTE]
Here now, waiting for DH to shower so we can go looking for breakfast.

Pros: located right next to Passeig de Gracia in the center of town so you can easily walk to Sagrada Familia or Barri Gotic. Parc Guell is a long uphill walk so I would take a taxi/bus/metro. Very clean, staff speaks passable english, very pretty in a stark & modern sense. Free sodas/water/beer in minibar

Cons: no coffee maker in room, room service menu is extremely limited if you get hungry when restaurants are closed (before 130, 330-8). Super thin walls and hard floors so you hear everyone on your floor. No clock in room. Seems too stark after you spend a day looking at elaborate architecture around town.

Zebra, the rooms are a decent size. We had a desk, a chair, table, dresser with TV, bed, and fridge. Then on the other side of the wall is the bathroom which is very spacious, with a bathtub, toilet, and bidet.

I never had breakfast there so I don't know about that.

The location is right by the "block of discord" which I believe is not far from Las Ramblas. I wasn't there long enough to get my bearings...

Who has stayed at this hotel? Please tell me all about it and what to except rates wise. Where exactly is it situated. We have stayed at Le Meridien which is a wonderful hotel - the only thing is that we heard from other cruisers on our cruise that they paid WAY less at AC Diplomatic. We're going back again next year and are considering staying there this time.[/QUOTE]
Hi from Copenhagen

stayed this april, paid 200 EUr excl. brakfast, small rooms, modern but sterile design, good location, better offer at Grand Derby this October before cruise , suite paid 130 EUR.

Archived