Sea Princess Info

happy cruzer

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could provide recent details about the Sea Princess and opinions about the next years Alaska cruises round trip from San Francisco.

I have sailed on the Grand and the Crown. I loved the aft area on the Grand and think the Sea Princess might be similar. I typically get an inside cabin and the ones on the Sea Princess seem to be smaller??

How was anytime dining? Any wait? Would like to know in case we don't get traditional.

What do you think about viewing the scenary in Alaska? Any best spots to do that from?

How is the live music and dancing at night?

Any and all info greatly appreciated. Search was not working for me and the review section is a bit limited.

Sorry I haven't sailed the Grand but have sailed Sea Princess a couple of times. Both times in inside cabins. I cannot compare them to other Insides with Princess as this is the only ship we have had an inside on. We found the cabin small, first time we had it in Queen bed formation, 2nd time opted for twin beds, and that made it feel larger. Can't help with Alaska, I hope to cruise there one day. However, I wanted to say we booked our cabins on Aloha deck towards the aft, A724 springs to mind, there is direct access at the end of the corridor on to the back sun deck. In the evening we were often the only people there. We would book an inside in the same location in a heartbeat.

If you are curious about the Sea Princess doing Alaska next year you might want to check out the postings and reviews of those that are doing the 10 day Dawn Princess sailings out of SF this year. The Dawn is a sister ship to the Sea Princess. Also, the Sea Princess is sailing in Europe this year and is heavily marketed to the U.K. and therefore has a more British atmosphere than any other Princess ships with food and entertainment geared more to the British tastes. This will probably change when she starts sailing the Alaskan itineraries.

These two posts are very helpful, thanks so much! The info about the Aloha deck is exactly what I needed. Getting to the back decks are great and probably in Alaska, it will be very scenic. Plus we love the hot tubs that are located on the back with the great views too.

Dining and Dancing details anyone??

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could provide recent details about the Sea Princess and opinions about the next years Alaska cruises round trip from San Francisco.

I have sailed on the Grand and the Crown. I loved the aft area on the Grand and think the Sea Princess might be similar. I typically get an inside cabin and the ones on the Sea Princess seem to be smaller?? The aft sundecks were great. We were at that end of Aloha Deck with direct access to the aft decks. Got quite crowded early though. Some of the inside cabins (those with the offset doors) look a lot bigger than the normal inside cabins.

How was anytime dining? Any wait? Would like to know in case we don't get traditional. We had a wait most evenings for a table for 2. They wanted us to fill a larger table but we opted to take a pager instead. Waited about 15 mins max.

What do you think about viewing the scenary in Alaska? Any best spots to do that from? Never been to Alaska so cannot comment.

How is the live music and dancing at night? There was live music in Wheelhouse and Crooners each evening. Brendan Jones and Alan and Alana in Crooners and Timeline duo and Jumari and Gabrielle in Wheelhouse. Alana was also the ballroom dancing teacher. Also Razzmatazz Nightclub but we never saw anyone in there:confused:

Any and all info greatly appreciated. Search was not working for me and the review section is a bit limited.

We had a great time on our Sea Princess transatlantic in April although we found the ship to be a bit small for our tastes - we like the bigger ships. It was, however, immaculately kept and the staff were very good. Cruise Director, Peter Tredgett was excellent as were all his staff. Only hope we have as good a time on Ruby in January:D

Archived