OK it's getting close and I'm getting nervous

newcruiser452

If you are taking a passport, that is all you need... but take your license...

GC, that's what I thought, too....but on the CTN a few weeks ago, I handed them my passport, and was told I needed to show my DL as well. First time that's ever happened.:confused:

WOW! That is weird!!!! They state that all you need is a passport... then again, they seem to change their minds daily!!! :D It's always good to bring a second form of ID.... just in case you lose one. I have gotten so used to taking my Passport everywhere, I have not looked at my ID in ages! LOL!!!!!

Yeah, and I thought I was ALL prepared - docs & passport in my hand.

Then - I had to put my carry-on bag down, go into my purse, get my wallet, and pull my DL out of it's plastic sleeve. Geez...:rolleyes:

Yeah, and I thought I was ALL prepared - docs & passport in my hand.

Then - I had to put my carry-on bag down, go into my purse, get my wallet, and pull my DL out of it's plastic sleeve. Geez...:rolleyes:

You POOR POOR thing! LOL!

Call me nutty but, We take our Drivers licenses, Birth Certificates, AND Passports AND state issues ID's. We also photo copy all required travel documents and have at least 2 copies with us, One in carry on one in checked and the originals with us. We leave photo copies with a person at home that has a fax number and an 800 number.

I always worry about loosing my wallet and drivers license on the way to the airport and in North Dakota you are allowed to carry both, state issued Id and drivers license.

SO... I carry the ID and passport but I have back up set of thoes as well as Birth certificate and Drivers license and copies of everythign! Just for that piece of mind.

ALSO insist all traveling with us use fanny packs, no purses to set down or get lost.

DO NOT FORGET YOUR DIVE "C" CARD!

... one in checked and the originals with us...

SO... I carry the ID and passport but I have back up set of thoes as well as Birth certificate and Drivers license and copies of everythign! Just for that piece of mind.

QUOTE]

I may give a second thought to the copies in your luggage...once you hand that over to the Airline, you have no idea who has access to this, you are no longer allowed to place locks on your luggage and they may be cut if you do. Someone could steal your entire identy with information like this, all they need is a SSN# and they could be you. I'm not trying to make anyone parinoid, but keep in mind what information you'd want falling into a stranger's hand if your luggage got lost.

I've had my identy stolen and its not fun to try to track down everything a person can do with a bit of information...

Archived