AC penthouse on Alaskan Pearl cruise

retiredAF

Has anyone been in an AC Penthouse on the Pearl while cruising Alaska? I am wondering how usable the balcony is. We have been offered an upsell and are trying to make a quick decision..

thanks!!

Sorry to post this everywhere but I need to make a quick decision.

Has anyone been in an AC Penthouse on the Pearl while cruising Alaska? I am wondering how usable the balcony is. We have been offered an upsell and are trying to make a quick decision..

thanks!!

Sorry to post this everywhere but I need to make a quick decision.

Hi, retiredAF! Sorry I can't really help you but I have heard the front balconies are very windy when the Pearl is at sea going 20+ knots especially if there is any wind.

We just got an upsell to an AA next to the AC so in a few days I'll find out for myself how windy and/or usable the front balconies are. At least on the AA we also have a side balcony so we can still be outside but out of the wind.

The AC should provide a fantastic view when cruising Glacier Bay and also as the ship slowly cruises into the different ports. Didn't you say you were in a mini-suite? So the extra "perks" that come with the AC are quite nice with breakfast and/or lunch in Cagney's and a butler and concierge at your disposal.

Let me know what you decide!

Thanks brunolvr. I had seen a few of your posts and saw your upgrade.. Good for you! I guess I never expected the call so was so unprepared when I got it today but, had just recently read a thread about the wind on a TA cruise and that was all I could think of. My DH has been on hold for about 40 minutes with NCL to say yes (I think.. as I search and read comments to him he may go the other way) This is only our second cruise and first balcony with the mini we booked so either way, I know we will have a great time..

Enjoy your cruise next week. We originally had planned to book that one but put it off one week... Last I looked you should have great weather!

Thanks again..

Thanks brunolvr. I had seen a few of your posts and saw your upgrade.. Good for you! I guess I never expected the call so was so unprepared when I got it today but, had just recently read a thread about the wind on a TA cruise and that was all I could think of. My DH has been on hold for about 40 minutes with NCL to say yes (I think.. as I search and read comments to him he may go the other way) This is only our second cruise and first balcony with the mini we booked so either way, I know we will have a great time..

Enjoy your cruise next week. We originally had planned to book that one but put it off one week... Last I looked you should have great weather!

Thanks again..

Since we had received an upsell last year, we were hoping for another one this year, but also were happy with the AE we had booked. But when the upsell office called the other day, she caught me a little off guard.

I would try to negotiate the price if you can. The AC's seem to be really hard to book so maybe you can get an even better deal. Last year I got the upsell gal to come down a little in the price, but this year she wouldn't but we took it any way since we knew it was a good price.

Good luck and I'll be looking forward to hearing how your cruise went!

My DH was on hold for over an hour and never got through so we will try again in the morning.. If it is meant to be.. :) Interesting that the AC's are so hard ro book.. Might be telling us something..

Have a great trip.. We head out right as you return.

Thanks again!!!

My wife and I had the same problem, we had to decide between an ac in the front of the ship, and an ae at the back of the ship. What made it so tough was that we had an owners suite on the Pride of America and our balcony was the entire front of the ship and had a hot tub. I would have booked the ac, but we decided on the ae, because it had a wrap around balcony. You will have a wind problem at the front of the ship while under full cruise. We experienced very windy conditions in the owners suite, but we were in Hawaii, not Alaska. If I did not get the wraparound balcony, I would have booked the ac, I am sure you will enjoy it. The front of the ship offers views most people will never see on a daily basis. If you get chilly close the doors, look out the from your room, have a drink, relax, and think about the people on top of the ship freezing their --- off while you enjoy your room. Have a great trip and let us know what happens.

We went for it!! :) I am sure we will love it!

brunolvr, have a great trip!

That's Great! I'm very happy for you and I hope you really enjoy your AC Penthouse!:)

Thanks! I know we'll have a great trip! It's the power of positive thinking!;)

Archived