Is Ventura good or not?

sparkymarky

I have been reading a few reviews of ventura monocled mutineer i think was one and what i would like is a more clear understanding of how good or bad the ship is?

It is probably me but are most people loving or hating the ship?

I did the independence of the seas and was thinking of doing ventura but not so sure anymore.

I have been reading a few reviews of ventura monocled mutineer i think was one and what i would like is a more clear understanding of how good or bad the ship is?

I did the independence of the seas and was thinking of doing ventura but not so sure anymore.

Was Independance any good? it was a toss-up whether we did Ventura or Independance, but we went for Ventura next, so we are keeping our fingers crossed.

The reviews are mixed, but I think partly because Ventura is so different from other P&O ships.

Sparkymarky,

When you read every review of Ventura you have to remember it is only the opinion of one person and they may not have found what they wanted on the ship. Also some people seem to want Ventura to be a bt of a flop - in the same way some people couln't find god things to say about Arcaia when she first joined P&O.

I think it is a case of depending on what you want from the ship.

If you are looking for a ship that has got everything together and running smoothly as soon as it set sail then your expectations are a little high; Though it will come together as the crew complete a few more sailings with a ship full of passengers.

If you are looking for a ship with lots of eating venues (with a fair few at a suppliment) and plenty of differen places to drink then Ventura is going to hit the right buttons for you.

I found she was too big for me (after being on Oceana) and as a single I think I would get 'lost' amongst all the people onboard - and during the pre-Maiden Party weekend the ship was not sailing at full capacity!!

I am booked on her again for the weekender in September but I don't think I will bok another cruise onboard her - unless it is a stunning offer I cannot get anywhere else within the fleet.

Feebee_71 :rolleyes:

Well first off Independence was a lovely ship and couldn't really find anything wrong at all with the actual ship itself.

The only thing which wasn't top drawer was the food which was sometimes a bit bland but then i hear that said for a few cruise lines

I think as we are not going until next year i will wait until then to see how everything pans out.

Was Independance any good? it was a toss-up whether we did Ventura or Independance, but we went for Ventura next, so we are keeping our fingers crossed.

The reviews are mixed, but I think partly because Ventura is so different from other P&O ships.

because Ventura is so different from other P&O ships

This is the main point. Remember most of the adverse comments have come from P&O regulars.

People new to cruising and or P&O on the whole have liked it.

Take away the problems of a ship bedding in and you have a great ship.

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

:cool:

Dai

We were first timers on the Ventura on the 9th May and we loved it. There are a few things to sort out as we expected with a new ship, the buffet restaurants is a big issue and lifts can take some time if there are a lot of less able passengers on board, the partitions in Havana are too high in places, I'm 6'5" and couldn't see over some when sat down. My other gripes are mainly to do with taking a baby on board which applied to us, I've put them at the bottom as you may not be interested in them, but we certainly wouldn't hesitate to sail on her again. The cruise director was always seen out and about and seemed very approachable and if you bumped into him the captain would always stop for a chat and a photo despite what I've read :)

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1263751&l=067b9&id=734140239

Cheers

Andy

Access to the baby paddling pools (can only be done via stairs!!), steep smooth gangways vs shallow stepped ones (shouldn't it be the other way around?), baby changing facilities, access to baby food (although just a case of asking could be much quicker), someone who booked a sterilizer didn't get it, baby milk is powder not ready made which would be SO much easier. Must say that the cabin steward was excellent in accommodating the needs of our daughter, travel cot was always put up/down, emergency towels when we needed them etc.

Is Ventura good or not?

I have no idea so I have booked a cruise on her to see for myself!

:D :D :D

G

:):):)

We are P&O regulars and old timers and we loved Ventura. Maybe not for us when she has lots of kids onboard but otherwise if the itinerary was good we'd be there like a shot.

Gerry, that was spot-on mate!! Yours posts often make me smile!

On Arcadia a few weeks ago , we went to breakfast in the Meridian, so sat with different cruisers every day..... and people there either loved our hated Arcadia...it really makes me chuckle.... Most older pax say 'she isn't like Oriannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnna or Aurororororora,,,,,,, NOPE!! SHE ISN'T.... like Dai said..thats the point dear...

Arcadia is child free and contempoary she doesn't have a spectacular stair case (ooops sorry Atrium!) but she suits me... As Ventura will suit young families...she is being marketed as a young base family ship with Noddy and lots of 3/4 family cabins....so PLEASE don't go on there if you a} don't like ankle biters, b} don't like big ships c} don't likeP & O and then spend all your cruise moaning to anyone you sit with (and spoil their cruise:( ).

I also had Cundarders and Fred O fans moaning about P&O as well as Arcadia this time and it really got on my nerves! If you have a complaint -take it to the the proper people not to other cruisers.

Sue

Is Ventura good or not?

I have no idea so I have booked a cruise on her to see for myself!

:D :D :D :D

G

that's the only way to do it!!!

i have a cruise on the ventura booked for 7th novmber as i went on my 'maiden' cruise last november on the arcadia and loved it...

the 'moaners' need to sort theirselves out quick if what i heard from a senior p&o official a few weeks ago is true!!! they obviously are heading towards the mega ship designs and the next two or three ships will be identical sisters to the ventura....

i've never been on the other ships so can't, and more importantly won't comment on them, but i think there will be a market for the arcadia as it can transit the panama canal.... can the others?????

it seems the cruise market is a hidden gold mine and all of the companies are sharpening their picks ready to get their share... obviously p&o think they need to keep up with the likes of RCCL with numbers of identical mega ships... look at RCCL.. three mega ships being already outdone by even bigger ones next year!!

i think, and fully understand why people love p&o, but we also need to move with the times somewhat!! i can see myself only holidaying on cruise ships from now on, but also realise that by comitting myself like that i need to appreciate that i'll be sharing my holiday with more and more poeple every year...

bring it on!!!!

Hi our philosophy is life is too short so make the most and just enjoy it!! We have sailed with P&O on a few different ships and soon to go on Ventura. We love them all for different reasons, we go with the attitude we are on holiday and are going to enjoy ourselves. All the ships are different and variety is the spice of life so they say. After all, we all want to see happy cheerful faces when we are on holiday and life IS what you make it. Every cruise has the whingers you have to learn to ignore them but perhaps life would be boring without them who knows. So to all those going on a cruise soon I hope you have a fantastic holiday and good weather!!

Just came off Ventura yesterday-loved it. I have been on Aurora and Oceania but much preferred Ventura.

I thought the layout in the public areas was superb! -spacious and confortable.

We had Freedom dining which worked well.

If I can answer any questions, fire away.

Just got of The Independence, a wonderful ship, but the food is truly dreadful you'd find better at a Harvester, and I suspect those who think the food was good often do!

I suspect we'll be switching to Ventura for our September date and canceling the Independence!

Just got of The Independence, a wonderful ship, but the food is truly dreadful you'd find better at a Harvester, and I suspect those who think the food was good often do!

I suspect we'll be switching to Ventura for our September date and canceling the Independence!

I agree with your comment about the food being better at a Harvester than on Independence as we were on there on 6th May. I didn't think the food was dreadful though but can't say it was exceptionally tasty

I'm surprised, we did RCI Voyager in April and the food was fine, I expected RCI to make a big effort with Independence.

We haven't got a Harvester near us, so never been to one, we are Toby Carvery people :rolleyes:

Oh sue I do like you

Libralass is right at the start nobody had a good thing to say about the Arcadia and now she appears to have a loyal following of repeat passengers myself included.

In fact when we sailed on Arcadia in July 2007 there was Gossip about Arcadia going over to Princess in October 2008 well that was all rubbish

Individual ships suit individual requirememts the cruise line that builds a vessel to suit all needs will be very successful indeed its impossible to please all the people all the time as they say.

I love the Arcadia for alot of the reason other people do not she is contemporary stylish understated not flash or brash not niosy or pushy ( and or course the main factor no ankle snappers getting on my nerves around the rather lovely pool area)

And I have to say Libralass I support your comment 100% if people have an issue on a cruise tell the staff scream at the cruise manager but don't spend two weeks whining at other passengers and moaning under your breaths about this that and the other. Consider it might just also ruin some body elses holiday who other wise may be having a great time.

• 1 month later...

My wife and I have just completed a cruise on Indepenence and managed to put on 10lbs between us so the food appealed to us!

Plus, in answer to the original question, we were 'parked' next to The Ventura in Barcelona and I spoke to several of their customers ALL stated that the ship was superb. We are trying out Oceana in August but certainly intend to give Ventura a go in the next 2 years or so.:D

My wife and I have just completed a cruise on Indepenence and managed to put on 10lbs between us so the food appealed to us!

Plus, in answer to the original question, we were 'parked' next to The Ventura in Barcelona and I spoke to several of their customers ALL stated that the ship was superb. We are trying out Oceana in August but certainly intend to give Ventura a go in the next 2 years or so.:D

Interesting post, thanks...not least because I',m going on a ship visit on Independence on Saturday (so will try their lunch onboard), am on Ventura in September, and will be on Oceana next Aug 09!!:D

Archived