Can you leave the ship on the day of embarkation?

silverfern

I am arriving into Barcelona airport at 10.45am this Sunday to start my cruise on the Norwegian Gem. I have an early flight out of Barcelona airport on the last day of the cruise so don't have time to see any of the city then.

Is it possible to go on board the ship, get your sea pass and then leave the ship to look around Barcelona? The ship departs at 7pm but I think you have to be on board by 5pm. Can you reboard the ship later than 5pm if you already have your seapass? Any help would be appreciated.

We cruised out of Barcelona last December for the T.A. After checking in and receiving our key cards, we had lunch and then left the ship to walk around the surrounding area. It was no problem at all.

It's quite a long walk just to get out of the pier area because you have to go up and around a cement barrier. If there is a shorter way, we couldn't find it, nor could we find any shuttles to get us out of the pier area. However, the late sailing time gives you extra time to see the sights. (I think the lifeboat drill was at 6).

One option you might want to consider is have a car service pick you up from the airport and take you on a tour. We used "Angie's Taxi" and were treated to a thorough and informative 2-hour tour. Our driver then dropped us off right in front of the ship. At that point, we were satisfied that we had seen all the major sights and just wanted to explore the waterfront area by foot.

Which we did.....................

You will love Barcelona!

Archived