Disney World - Not So Scary and Very Merry Parties

crusinmama06

Tickets are on sale now for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party and Mickey's Very Merry Christmas.

If you are cruising out of Port Canaveral, and are staying in Orlando Pre-Cruise....check out the dates and see if you are there for the parties.

You don't need a normal Disney pass for these events at Magic Kingdom, you ONLY need to purchase tickets for the EVENT...and the rides are included....

We did this for our last cruise (Pirate/Princess) party. It was a great way to start off our cruise with a Disney Party. :D We just booked the Halloween Party in September.

Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/parks/specialEvents?id=MickeysNotSoScaryHalloweenPartySpecialEventPage

Advance Purchase Price*

$42.95 + tax (Ages 3 - 9)

$48.95 + tax (Ages 10+)

Day-of Event Price

$49.95 + tax (Ages 3 - 9)

$55.95 + tax (Ages 10+)

Call (407) W-Disney† for Tickets and Information.</STRONG> *Advance Purchase Discount is not available on the following event nights: 9/19/08, 9/26/08, 10/3/08, 10/10/08, 10/16/08, 10/23/08, 10/24/08, 10/26/08, 10/30/08, 10/31/08

Dates for the Party...

September 5, 2008

September 9, 2008

September 12, 2008

September 16, 2008

September 19, 2008

September 23, 2008

September 26, 2008

September 28, 2008

September 30, 2008

October 2, 2008 - October 3, 2008

October 5, 2008

October 7, 2008

October 9, 2008 - October 10, 2008

October 13, 2008

October 16, 2008

October 19, 2008

October 21, 2008

October 23, 2008 - October 24, 2008

October 26, 2008

October 28, 2008

October 30, 2008 - October 31, 2008

Mickey's Very Merry Christmas

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/parks/specialEvents?id=MickeysVeryMerryChristmasPartySpecialEventPage

November 10, 2008 - November 11, 2008

November 14, 2008

November 16, 2008

November 20, 2008 - November 21, 2008

November 30, 2008

December 2, 2008

December 4, 2008 - December 5, 2008

December 7, 2008

December 9, 2008

December 11, 2008 - December 12, 2008

December 14, 2008

December 16, 2008

December 18, 2008 - December 19, 2008

We are going to Disney World for Halloween this year and just bought our tickets for this. I am so excited. It will be DS's first time there and our first time there for Halloween. I have had his costume ready for months:D

We are going to Disney World for Halloween this year and just bought our tickets for this. I am so excited. It will be DS's first time there and our first time there for Halloween. I have had his costume ready for months:D

The parties are alot of fun and they deck out Magic Kingdom with Halloween decorations.

And they always offer special gifts at the door. For the princess party, they gave us sashes for our "Pirate gold" and gave us a treasure map of the park.

Then they had a Sebsatian Dance party at Ariel's Grotto.

Too bad the last time we had flight delays and didn't get into Disney until 10pm :( At least we made it in time for the cruise...lol.

But the party went to midnight, we had sleepy but happy kids.

I am a novice that being said, they have the pirate/princess party at the same time as the Halloween Event? Is it extra? TIA:D

That's ok, feel free to ask ANY question.

No, the Pirate/Princess Parties were held in August last year. So instead of going to a Halloween themed night, we went to a Princess/Pirate themed night. I think they held them in june too if I remember correctly.

Jack Sparrow from Pirates of the Caribbean was there. ;)

It just happened to match up with the night before our cruise.

Did you book your character meals yet? If you are going to Disney, you can't miss character meals. I just had to cancel some of mine that I made 180 days out (switched some of my days to the Disney wonder so I had to let the reservations go). :eek: I am sure there is another VERY happy family out there that got my reservations.

Ok. Thank you for the info:D

We are going with 30 other people so the person in charge of us has made all our reservations for our meals. Thank goodness:D

I know we are going to Chef Mickey's but that is all I know so far. And we are doing the Peter Pan Boat Ride to watch the fireworks.

Ok. Thank you for the info:D

We are going with 30 other people so the person in charge of us has made all our reservations for our meals. Thank goodness:D

I know we are going to Chef Mickey's but that is all I know so far. And we are doing the Peter Pan Boat Ride to watch the fireworks.

Chef Mickey's is a very nice one.

We make a yearly trip to Disney (twice this year as my 15yr. old marched with her band down main street in the parade), and love it when our trips fall over one of the parties.

They are a great time. Fun parades, little or no wait for rides, and the kids love dressing up.

It would be the perfect beginning or end to a cruise vacation if it is able to work for you.

A little known fact about those hard-ticket parties at MK....although they usually don't start until 7pm, you can get into MK as early as 4pm with the "party ticket. So, that's 3 extra hours to hit the rides, or perhaps catch dinner at one of the MK restaurants before the party starts.

We've been to ALL of them...Pirate/Princess (twice!), Mickey's Not-So-Scary (3 times!) and Mickey's Very Merry (4 times!), so if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

CeleBrat

My first love is Disney. That is why we are only doing a 5 day cruise for the first time with the kids and adding Disney on the end. We've been to Disney 6 times in the last 6 years and the kids love it. We've done both those parties and now are crossing our fingers for a Princess and Pirate party while we are there!

A little known fact about those hard-ticket parties at MK....although they usually don't start until 7pm, you can get into MK as early as 4pm with the "party ticket. So, that's 3 extra hours to hit the rides, or perhaps catch dinner at one of the MK restaurants before the party starts.

We've been to ALL of them...Pirate/Princess (twice!), Mickey's Not-So-Scary (3 times!) and Mickey's Very Merry (4 times!), so if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

CeleBrat

Question for you....how busy are the Halloween ones? It seemed like the Pirate/Princess was empty...which we LOVED. We could go on the same rides over and over without any wait. But is Halloween different?

Halloween parties are definitely more popular, which is why there are so many dates this year. You are going in Sept, right? That should be fine.

The busier party night will usually fall on a FRI or SAT, or close to the holiday (Halloween).

Be sure to bring a costume. Lots of adults dress up as well. Face painting is free. Lots and lots of candy at all of the treat locations. More candy is handed out at the parade, so be sure to get a street-side seat for it. Also, the 2nd parade is usually less-attended than the first, so if you don't want to have to stake out a spot for a hour beforehand, catch the 2nd parade.

The fireworks show is also themed to Halloween. It's called HalloWishes. Very fun.

Two dance parties--one in Fantasyland, and one in Tomorrowland.

So--if you are able to get to the park by 4, then you can hit all the major rides by 7pm, then spend the remainder of the evening catching all the fun Halloween themed activities.

Hope that helps.

Maybe we'll even see you there...!

CeleBrat

Celebrat - ok, more questions for you....

I have Chef Mickey scheduled for 5pm, should we just cancel it then and get to MK? Our Halloween night is a Tuesday. We should be ok keeping Chef Mickey right?

Second question, our first night at Disney is the first Halloween night. So, we won't be going to the party THAT night. Are the other parks going to be slammed because of the party at MK. I am trying to think which park we should do on the first night. Maybe MGM?

Agreed! EPCOT would be open the latest on your first night, so stick with that. DOn't forget Illuminations at 9pm. The other 2 parks will probably be open only until 7pm then. Also--be sure to ask the Front Desk at the Wilderness Lodge which night the Extra Magic hours are. You might get lucky and get an EMH on that first night--so can go to MGM or AK and stay a little later than 7pm.

And--Chef Mickey's is at the Contemporary, so you should just keep that. IT's a quick hop on the monorail to MK, so you should still be able to eat and make it to MK before 7pm.

Hope that helps.

CeleBrat

As of today, Epcot has the EMH on the evening of Friday 9/5. We find that Epcot handles the crowds better than most parks.

Although for us, it's nearly impossible to keep everyone up for Illuminations (or any other parade) on our arrival day:)

There's usually 2 parades at each party, and the later one is easier to get a great spot without having to claim your seat 2 hours in advance. I think we go there 30 minutes early, and had a curbside seat right in front of the castle for the later one. I'm not normally a parade person because we've seen them so often with our AP's, but this was our first time a MNSSHP, and I thought it was the best parade I'd seen there in a long time!

Love the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party! They make it "snow" on main street, Cookies and Hot Chocolate is available at several different places, you can sit on Santa's lap and tell him what you want (take a pic with your own camera -- they'll let you!-- and use it for your Christmas Card!) Parades and special shows. Last year, they put LCD lights all over Cinderella's castle and they had a special lighting ceremony. My son, who was 4 at the time, loved the dance parties the best, dancing with Chip and Dale was a special treat.

Crowds were wonderful! We walked on everywhere. You would love this option!

Celebrat - ok, more questions for you....

I have Chef Mickey scheduled for 5pm, should we just cancel it then and get to MK? Our Halloween night is a Tuesday. We should be ok keeping Chef Mickey right?

Second question, our first night at Disney is the first Halloween night. So, we won't be going to the party THAT night. Are the other parks going to be slammed because of the party at MK. I am trying to think which park we should do on the first night. Maybe MGM?

The Halloween one is pretty busy. I thought it was a little better than the Christmas one. FYI MGM is now "Hollywood Studios" don't know why?? but, they changed the name. Enjoy your trip!

Crusinmamma06: Just a suggestion ...(We've been to all these parties in the past and always eat at Chef Mickey's, Crystal Palace, or Liberty Tree Tavern.)

If your priority seating is at 5, show up around 4:15 pm or 4:30 pm. Usually, they are able to seat your early which means more time at the park. Even if they don't seat you until 5, you will be the first ones seated in the 5 pm time block, which means you aren't waiting until 5:15 or so to actually sit...

Also, unless it's changed from last year, they take a family photo before you eat, so you can at least get this out of the way as well.

If anyone is planning on going to Disney soon, or tagging it on to a cruise, there is a great message board for that. We go at least once a year, and I still learn so many tips from the people there. It is http://www.wdwinfo.com just go to the discussion boards, they are all a real nice bunch of people that have a lot of love for and knowledge about Disney.

If anyone is planning on going to Disney soon, or tagging it on to a cruise, there is a great message board for that. We go at least once a year, and I still learn so many tips from the people there. It is www.wdwinfo.com just go to the discussion boards, they are all a real nice bunch of people that have a lot of love for and knowledge about Disney.

Oh no it's the Dis boards. :eek: :D

I always joke that I need to get myself the Dis boards dictionary because when I read it, I need a special decoder ring to figure out the Dis Board language.

You're right, it's a great board for Disney info but personally I kind of find it confusing. :(

Archived