Roll Call: Avalon Tranquility/Prague-Budapest, June 5-14

azkitty

Is anyone on the June 5th, Avalon Tranquility cruise tour beginning in Prague and ending in Budapest? We are leaving May 28 to fly to Frankfurt and a train to Liege, Belgium to visit relatives. We'll be taking the train to Vienna on June 3rd to spend 2 nights visiting another relative. On June 5th, we'll be taking the train from Vienna to Prague and should arrive in the early afternoon. This is our first river cruise after 7 ocean cruises. I hope we are going to like the river cruise. It does sound quite different from what we are used to on an ocean cruise.

The weather forecast sounds a little on the chilly side especially for us coming from Tucson, AZ. I am having 2nd thoughts about packing. Any advice?

We just got back and the weather was supposed to be chilly. HA it was warm everywhere. I would say light pants and shorts. layer for when you are on top on the boat. This is very different from ocean cruising. Look at it more as a Globus bus trip on the water. Prague was very warm and the airconditioning is suspect.

I always have to wonder when people say it was warm or very warm. What seems warm to others is not that way for us coming from AZ. The temps in Belgium where we will be first, seemed quite cool to me. I guess I'll have to take a mixture, but it's difficult since we can't take much but need enough for 3 weeks.

Has anyone used the river cruise laundry service? Is it priced like ocean cruises? The cruise ships we like most are Crystal and Oceania, which both have self serve laundromats. We started out with Royal Caribbean, Celebrity and Princess (once was enough on Princess, the worst) and now stick with Oceania or Crystal.

Archived