Misty Fjords Flightseeing Tours

mikedge

We had independently booked a two hour Flight Seeing Tour of Misty Fjords National Monument through Island Wings http://islandwings.com/ . I cannot recommend this excursion or this company highly enough. Michele, our pilot, was absolutely fantastic and the scenery was breathtaking. I don’t like flying or heights, but I was too enthralled with the beauty of Alaska to worry about either. I also felt so safe with Michele, who was informative and friendly. We landed on a lake right by the base of a glacier and had about 30 minutes to wander around and enjoy the total quiet of the area. This was an excursion I will never forget. It was absolutely perfect. While it was raining in town, we had just slightly overcast sky in the Fjords. We had the first flight of the day and it was very smooth. Michele recommends booking the earliest flight possible as it tends to have the least turbulence.

Many thanks to you both. I had already picked up on Island Wings but got rather concerned because they were not answering my emails. I will now pick up the phone and speak to them direct !!

Many thanks to you both. I had already picked up on Island Wings but got rather concerned because they were not answering my emails. I will now pick up the phone and speak to them direct !!

That's strange. Soshanna at Island Wings is usually quite responsive. I bet they've gotten busy with the season having started. Calling her is a great idea.

We absolutely loved flying with Michele and Davey in Sitka from http://www.puffinsandwhales.com/

who we booked a fantastic whale watching trip with, is good friends with her. We sailed with him after flying with Michele and when we told him, he was so excited and happy for us. It was an incredible experience.

I was concerned a few months ago when I couldn't reach Island Wings through email. When they did respond, they apologized, someone had been sick. After that, they were terrific and very responsive. We also have a tour booked with Captain Davey before we go to Ketchikan.... we will have to mention that we are going with Michelle. thanks for mentioning that...He also is very nice...We are so looking forward to the trip... leaving 3 weeks from today. Hoping for good weather and that the snow is cleared off the trails, but enough left behind that we can enjoy!

Do Southeast Aviation allow you enough time to get off the plane. Island Wings are full up on the day that I requested, and I would rather not use the cruise tour which only allows you to stand on the float and take photos. I have phoned Southeast but can only get voicemail. Thanks.

Do Southeast Aviation allow you enough time to get off the plane. Island Wings are full up on the day that I requested, and I would rather not use the cruise tour which only allows you to stand on the float and take photos. I have phoned Southeast but can only get voicemail. Thanks.

We flew with Sea Wind Aviation last June and had a great time. They stop at a floating dock for quiet awhile to take photos and look around.

2693134470091393226KnWZEU_th.jpg

I have, on several trips with them. Email them too, they certainly are busy at this time.

I highly recommend Island Wings. The scenery was beautiful, Michelle was informative and very helpful. She even turned photographer for us since my wife and I were celebrating our 30th anniversary. They are in the process of building a new office on the plane dock, so that might be the e-mail glitch. This excursion was well worth the cost!!

Good sailing,

Barry

Archived