Pull down beds

FiggyWig

Hi

Never cruised before so our much awaiting booking on board X Solstice can't come round quick enough.

We will be travelling with our 12 year old and have selected a balcony room with a pull down bed as opposed to a sofa bed.

Have no idea how these work, but the rep. at X thought this the better option as we would have more floor space. Does the bed just get pulled down at night, and can does anybody have any idea where from ?(cant seem to get any idea from the details shown about Solstice so far)

our boy is of average size for age so I guess the bed will be big enough - anybody any views or experiences ?.... and whilst on the family forum, can anybody give any info on what our 12 year old can expect... and us come to that ?... was wondering whether he would be welcome at evening venues along with us if he didnt fancy the idea of the kids clubs ??

Any thoughts for a newbie very gratefully received.

thks

Haven't traveled on Celebrity since our honeymoon, and no kids around then so can't help with the kids program info.

But--I have had experience with pull don beds on many cruise lines: Carnival, Disney, NCL, RCCL. I have actually even slept in few myself, so can vouch that your 12 yr old should have plenty of room.

Usually, the room steward will close the bed during the day, and reopen it when he/she turns down the cabin at night. However, if you ask, he/she will be glad to leave it open during the day as well. We usually ask to do this when traveling on an inside cabin w/the kids since it gives them a place to be where they are "out-of-the-way" when we are getting ready for dinner.

CeleBrat

Archived