Who has seen the dancers at Saxman/Ketchikan

flashdog_1

I'd inquired from some private tour groups and they all said that only the ship's tour included the dancers. (I even found the native Alaskan tour group that does it, and they said to book thru the cruise line).

Now, tell me how relevant the dancers are. The ad says, "the young dancers." I know it is not the kind of dance shows we are used to attending, in that they are, like with the hula, telling a story.

From the perspective of someone who is/was "into" dance (my daughter, not me), would it be an important part of a tour? Or should I just consider it something nice, but not really dance. You know what I mean? I'm not trying to nit pick. I just don't have the vocabulary. The words, "young dancers" has me concerned that they are just learning, which is all well and good, but perhaps less professional than their elders who taught them. Any opinion?

On the other hand, I've viewed the website of the Sitka dancers and they are nationally acclaimed. Would seeing them be something a dancer would like to see in addition to the ones at Saxman, or instead of Saxman? Thanks

Archived