Why do you like to Cruise

I love cruising because I absolutely love being on the water - there's nothing like it, as many have said. My favourite cruise to date was my Explorer cruise and deck 5 had a big reason to do with that. Each day, I sat out there, whether the sun was rising or setting and I didn't have a care in the world while looking out at the ocean.

Besides that big reason, it's just the easiest form of relaxation for me. I can truly get away and have someone cater to me. I move at my own pace and set my own schedule, whether that be doing all the activities on the cruise compass or ordering room service while I watch a movie in my cabin.

Oh and it is absolutely the BEST sleep I have EVER had!! Nothing beats sleeping on a cruise.

We love to cruise because we can do as little as we want or stay busy busy. All of our entertainment is under one for our choosing. I love listening to the ocean as we travel at night before bed then again in the am when we wake. I love that I have lots of dining choices both casual and dress up so we can do whichever we feel up to.

All of the reasons given above - especially the sea and the stars, but most importantly for me is because I can travel with my Sister and see new places with her - because due to health reasons flying or road trips are out of he question.

Over the years my husband and I did many touring holidays by car. Seeing many countries and interesting places. The only downside was the moving from hotel to hotel, packing and unpacking. Cruising allows us to see many places but bring our hotel room along with us ! I would not be interested in cruising to the same places over and over or cruises with too many sea nights.

I also love the ship experience particularly walking on deck early in the morning or late at night or just sitting on the balcony watching the sea go by.

As a Liverpool lass, I love to be by/on the sea as much as possible :)

I also like the idea of being transported from one place to another, especially around Europe.

However, as my knee arthritis has got worse over recent years, I am finding that even cruising is becoming difficult for me, due to the problems of getting from the ship to the town centres at many ports - not always possible even with the ship's shuttles, P&O being a recent example where they offered a DIY coach to Bruges, but then made you walk 20-30 minutes into town (we got around it by organising a minbus on our roll call).

The other problem connected to that is that my husband, who is fit and mobile, is loathe to fork out for taxis all the time for short distances, and so I think, unfortunately, we will be looking to take more land-based holidays, where he will have to drive me around ;)

Archived