Maho beach....

Yes, that is the Sunset Beach. The prices were about standard. Hamburgers, chicken, seafood ranging from like 7-13 bucks or so. We had a mango daquiri that was $8. Not very strong though. :cool:

I hear just down the beach (walking distance) they have the cheaper drinks. We never made it over there though!

Did you cab it to Maho beach??? How much was the cab and how long did it take to get there? Is there a strong undertow in the water?? We will have our 2 boys (5&7) and curious if the water is good for them to swim in? Thanks...we'll be there next week!

Did you cab it to Maho beach??? How much was the cab and how long did it take to get there? Is there a strong undertow in the water?? We will have our 2 boys (5&7) and curious if the water is good for them to swim in? Thanks...we'll be there next week!

We rented 4 Wheelers (ATV's) but some of our friends took a cab to Maho. The undertow is not that bad. There is a little drop off and some of the waves can get a little big, but all in all it was a great beach!!

Yes, that is the Sunset Beach. The prices were about standard. Hamburgers, chicken, seafood ranging from like 7-13 bucks or so. We had a mango daquiri that was $8. Not very strong though. :cool:

I hear just down the beach (walking distance) they have the cheaper drinks. We never made it over there though!

Did they still have the load speaker announcing when the planes were coming in to land? There was always such a buzz going through the place when a big one announced over the speaker that it was heading in. I enjoyed that just about as much as seeing the planes landing.

Karysa

Did they still have the load speaker announcing when the planes were coming in to land? There was always such a buzz going through the place when a big one announced over the speaker that it was heading in. I enjoyed that just about as much as seeing the planes landing.

Karysa

I don't think so.. or atleast we never heard them make any kind of announcement. :confused:

I so want to visit this beach . . . anyone know the price of a cab and it it's a problem getting one from the beach to the port>

In Sept there was 8 of us & it was $7 each way per person. When we were there 2 years ago it was the same price & there was 10 of us. We took a cab from the port (the taxi association) & the guy waited for us this time & the early trip the guy came back for us at the prearraigned time. They are great those guys from the taxi association. HIGHLY recommended. They are real good at giving you some history & highlights of the island.

Archived