Where to stay good hotel in Singapore ?

seapenarth

travelled a lot in far east and enjoyed quality hotels. Best was Mandarin Hong Kong but in Singapore always stayed and enjoyed Shangri La. Is it still the best ???

It's still considered one of the top hotels. But there are also Marriott, Four Seasons, Grand Hyatt, InterContinental, Ritz Carlton, Meritus Mandarin, Pan Pacific, the Fullerton (which started life as the General Post Office) and as always, Raffles Hotel. The latest to hit town is The St. Regis Singapore (which had some really awful reviews due to opening hiccups).:D

I think the St. Regis has gotten its service act together as the recent reviews have been much better. And the facility itself, the rooms, look spectacular. I'll be staying there myself for three nights before a cruise next February.

Our favourite is the Ritz Carlton. The rooms are huge and the bathroom has the best view in Singapore.

We also love the position, so handy to all the good shopping around Marina Square, Suntec and not far from the underground.

We have stayed in a lot of hotels in Singapore but we always return to the Ritz.

Jennie

Seapenarth,

I bet we will be in Singapore the same time as I believe we are on the same cruise departing there February 14. This will be my first time in Singapore and I have deliberated mightily on which hotel to book. Several of them (Valley wing of ShangriLa, Ritz Carlton, Fullerton) each had pros but in the end I chose the St. Regis because I like the location, the rooms and have been happy in each of their hotels.

How many nights will you be spending there?

Seapenarth,

I bet we will be in Singapore the same time as I believe we are on the same cruise departing there February 14. This will be my first time in Singapore and I have deliberated mightily on which hotel to book. Several of them (Valley wing of ShangriLa, Ritz Carlton, Fullerton) each had pros but in the end I chose the St. Regis because I like the location, the rooms and have been happy in each of their hotels.

How many nights will you be spending there?

2 nights before. My wife and I have been several times on holiday and I was a visiter most years on business. Always stayed in Shangri La. Must be loyal and maybe they will give me a special offer although I have`nt been there for 14 years. We really stay to shake off jet lag so that I`m ready to help out if there are any shipboard problems, like running out of booze. We go to Shanghai, 22 days. Do you ?

Seaenparth,

Yes, we'll be on 22 days to Shanghai and spend a couple of days there. I have already been to Shanghai and seen all the major sights so this will be to revisit some areas we loved, walk, eat, shop yada yada yada.

• 2 weeks later...

Loved the intimate feel, the attention upon check-in (in our suite), the fabulous location - running -- and i suppose - walking distance to the gardens, fab gym / fitness center, beautiful rooftop deck. Close to great shopping, too.

Archived