Trips in an around Ketchikan

mikedge

Interesting that you posted this just now. I was looking up information for exactly the same thing and also have a floatplane trip with Island Wings. There is a walking tour map that you can pick up there. I wish I could find that somewhere on line. There are buses that will take you to either Saxman Village (city bus) or Totem Bight (blue bus). There is a National Park Service Museum, Alaska Discovery Center and Native Center. I was trying to figure out exactly what the walk was that included Married man's trail, the Funicular and Fox Lodge. I don't know if that walk is what is listed in the walking tour map or not. I can't find a good map of Ketchikan either. Creek Street also sounds interesting. I also found a cab company and a classic car tour. Perhaps someone who knows will clarify. Sorry, I can't provide more information. I'm not very clear on any of this myself.

Interesting that you posted this just now. I was looking up information for exactly the same thing and also have a floatplane trip with Island Wings. There is a walking tour map that you can pick up there. I wish I could find that somewhere on line. There are buses that will take you to either Saxman Village (city bus) or Totem Bight (blue bus). There is a National Park Service Museum, Alaska Discovery Center and Native Center. I was trying to figure out exactly what the walk was that included Married man's trail, the Funicular and Fox Lodge. I don't know if that walk is what is listed in the walking tour map or not. I can't find a good map of Ketchikan either. Creek Street also sounds interesting. I also found a cab company and a classic car tour. Perhaps someone who knows will clarify. Sorry, I can't provide more information. I'm not very clear on any of this myself.

For Totem Bight you have to allow 3 hours, if going by city bus. There is NO National Park Service in Ketchikan only Skagway and Sitka. Request their visitor guide

http://www.visit-ketchikan.com

Head to your library, Fodor's Alaska and Frommer's Alaska both have walking tour maps. For clairfication- you take the Fox Lodge funicular up, go out the back, nice totems and return via the Married Man's Trail. Take it to the end, turn right on Park, can walk to the salmon ladder, go to the Hatchery/Totem Heritage Museum etc. Continue through the city park and return via Deermont. Turn right and a couple blocks, you are at the other end of Creek and can do Dolly's House tour.

Archived