Nervous about Airline and Flight Time

lovebelle1

I am scheduled to fly on Spirit Airlines Tampa to FLL arriving the day of departure at 11:55am. Cruise is scheduled to leave at 5pm. I chose to fly because I got a great rate and am saving a Significant amount of money as opposed to driving and parking at pier. Now normally I wouldnt worry, but I have never flown spirit airlines and made mistake of reading reviews and hear things about flight delays and lost luggage. I plan on eliminating the lost luggage risk by just bringing carry on luggage, but really worried about the delays. Am I just being really rediculous or should I be concerned.

That's a little close for my liking...i have never flown spirit but have family and friends who have...and every time the flights have been very late.

(just speaking about what i have been told...YMMV!)

You aren't going very far though, so you should be OK. And the pier in FLL is only about 10-ish minutes from the airport.

I've flown them a few times, and the flight was slightly late, but I was more suprised that I was charged $20 for the FIRST checked bag and then wasn't given anything, even water, to drink on the plane. This was BEFORE the recent trend of airlines charging for all this stuff by the way. Spirit must have been the first airline to implement it.

I think had I known that purchasing the ticket ONLY provided a seat and NOTHING else beforehand, I wouldn't have been so shocked. So, if it's a longer flight, be sure to bring on something to eat/drink [or be prepared to pay for whatever they have available] because Spirit gives you NOTHING.

With the ship leaving @ 5 pm, they are going to require you to be onboard by 4 pm.

That leaves you only a 4 hour window.

Way too close for me.

I hope that you have purchased insurance.

Myself, I would be trying to wiggle out of those flight reservations, any way I could.

Archived