Wilderness Kayak in Sitka?

sail-a-bration

We're scheduled to do this excursion July 5th so I can't tell you exactly how it was (yet), but from what I've read its not a strenous activity, and they are very helpful helping you entering and exiting the kayaks as well as paddling. Kayaking is a very easy going activity. As an avid kayaker, I'd recommend it!

When you get back or if you bring a laptop with you, let us know how you enjoyed the Wilderness Kayak excur. I saw a post that if you buy a coffee at the coffee shop, you get 90 min. free internet access. I have searched the threads about the Kayak excurs. and not much information on what it was like and what was seen. Let us know if you see puffins. I have seen others who are puffin lovers too.

I sure will let you know how it was and what we saw upon return. No laptop with me on this vacation! :) I feel like I'm married to it! I booked the kayak excursion through CruiseWest and below is the description:

"Experience the beauty and uniqueness of Sitka that few tourists ever see. After being outfitted in kayaking gear and having a brief paddling instruction, you will launch your kayaks at the Naval Air Base. Your guide will tell you about the history of Sitka and the base as you begin paddling. During your two hours of actual paddling time, you will visit kelp forests, look for wildlife, identify birds and get an upclose view that few get to see. There will be ample time for photos and your guide will provide narration about the natural history of the area. A bottle of Sitka’s own bottled water, "1 Alaskan," and a light snack will be provided."

Archived