Alaska bird book

CSTX Mom

Now that I have the binoculars, I want to find a bird book. The ones that are stocked by Barnes & Noble are: Birds of Alaska by Stan Tekiela, Guide to the Birds of Alaska by Robert Armstrong and Pocket Naturalist Guide to Alaska Birds by James Kavanagh. Any recommendations about which one to buy?

We bought a couple of books on Alaska birds and fauna over the last few years (on ebay). We both like wildlife and plants and flowers. Neither of us knew the names of many of the species we were seeing and taking pics of.

2413739060091393226NhesjJ_th.jpg

A good example is a picture taken (June/07) on the drive to Carcross / Emerald Lake, I still don't know what this one is. :o

2413739060091393226NhesjJ_th.jpg

A good example is a picture taken (June/07) on the drive to Carcross / Emerald Lake, I still don't know what this one is. :o

That's a yellow-pine chipmunk, or at least in the chipmunk family.

We have the Alaska Birds pocket guide by Kavanagh. It is light and easy to carry with color pics of every bird one can imagine being anywhere. We bought it at Amazon.com.

Archived