Extra Guests - HMC Cabanas

fmax

I know one person can reserve a cabana for up to 4 people. If additional guests want to join, does the person who originally booked the cabana have to book the "extra Person(s)" or can they themselves book it and link it to the original reservation?

I've booked one for 4 but there are 6 in our party so just want to know best way to reserve this.

I know there's been discussions about if people aren't eating/drinking they can drop by the cabana and if some of the party were planning to do excursions then that might be the way to go if they're not planning to use the Cabana all day but definitely if we thought about using the Butler service we would want to guarantee that all 6 were covered.

This brings up another point, it looks like we could add the two on as "extra person" for the basic cabana but it looks like you can only do the surcharge for groups of 4 for the cabana. Does anyone know differently?

I know one person can reserve a cabana for up to 4 people. If additional guests want to join, does the person who originally booked the cabana have to book the "extra Person(s)" or can they themselves book it and link it to the original reservation?

This is just a guess, but I'd think the person who booked the cabana would have to book the additional guests. I could be wrong, so you might call HAL's excursion number and talk to a rep.

I know there's been discussions about if people aren't eating/drinking they can drop by the cabana and if some of the party were planning to do excursions then that might be the way to go if they're not planning to use the Cabana all day but definitely if we thought about using the Butler service we would want to guarantee that all 6 were covered.

This brings up another point, it looks like we could add the two on as "extra person" for the basic cabana but it looks like you can only do the surcharge for groups of 4 for the cabana. Does anyone know differently?

I pulled up HMC for our cruise and it shows that the extra person surcharge for the cabana use is $45, and the extra person surcharge for the butler service is $100. I wonder if you have to pay $145 per extra person? That seems like a lot, but I would think that if you want your guests to have the butler package, they're going to charge you for both the cabana fee and the butler package.

From what I've read here at CC...you can add 2 people and pay for only two. I think there is a limit on how many "extras" you can add to the cabana/butler package. Maybe it's four for a total of 8 in the cabana. The cabanas aren't very big. The table we had in ours seated four and it was pretty tight. I have seen pictures of the cabanas and the tables in them vary in size. They may move in a larger one if you're going to be having 6 people dining.

Hopefully, someone will come along who has actually done this and give you an answer. :)

Archived