St Peter Great House

elvisrocks

We would like to visit the St Peter Great House while in St Thomas.

We are looking for suggestions on the best way to get an Island tour and visit the Great House.

The carnival tour we were looking at doesn't start until 1:00 PM. and we would prefer to start a tour earlier so that we will have time to shop in downtown after wards.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Tropic Tours does have a regularly scheduled tour to St Peter's Great House leaving from Havensight at 8:45. You can make reservations by calling them at 340-774-1855.

If you are part of a group of approx 20+, they will conduct a tour whenever you like.

Be sure to check out the lovely gift shop. They've got beautiful photo cards made especially for The Great House, and nice local art prints.

Thank you so much for the information.

I really appreciate your help.

Unfortunately I don't think that will work because the Valor does not get in until 9:00, but I will keep the number and check it out when we get closer. If all else fails, we will just take a taxi.

There's an excursion desk at the new vacation ownership complex at Frenchman's Reef. They may have tours. I'll see if I can find their number.

Tours to the Great House are usually offered on the ships as part of some of the island tours. Since there's an admission fee for the Great House, that tour usually costs a little more than the basic island tour which doesn't include the Great House. Are you sure it's not offered on your ship?

It may be hard to find a driver willing to take two people up there and wait, and if you do find one, it may be very expensive.

Have you tried calling The Great House for the tour schedule, and who offers them?

Carnival does offer a tour, but it doesn't start until 1 PM.

We wouldn't get back to town until 4:30.

I have read that the stores downtown close around 5:00 and I didn't want to miss out on walking and shopping down town.

I didn't want to go downtown before tour because I would feel like I had to rush, but it is an option.

Archived