We could be switching from SB to NB - question!

buttah75

Just found some cabins that work for us on the NB trip, which has more time in Juneau, although less in Ketchikan. Questions about NB:

1. is it possible to do a bear watch (salmon hatchery or otherwise) AND canopy zipline tour in Ketchikan when the ship leaves at 2pm?

2. I notice the NB arrives in Whittier at 12:30am! Do most people check into a hotel and fly home the next morning? On SB, we'd fly right home from Vancouver.

We have to decide today. Thanks!

Just found some cabins that work for us on the NB trip, which has more time in Juneau, although less in Ketchikan. Questions about NB:

1. is it possible to do a bear watch (salmon hatchery or otherwise) AND canopy zipline tour in Ketchikan when the ship leaves at 2pm?

2. I notice the NB arrives in Whittier at 12:30am! Do most people check into a hotel and fly home the next morning? On SB, we'd fly right home from Vancouver.

We have to decide today. Thanks!

I can't help you with question one, however, here is a previous post that answers your question two:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=535202&highlight=whittier+12%3A30

^ I know, but we already have 2 things we want to do in Juneau!

But on NB you will be in Juneau longer :)

On the NB Volendam you are in Ketchikan until three and you are in Juneau until 10:30 p.m.

We're on Princess, and yes, I know NB is in Juneau longer... but not long enough for 3 excursions (maybe time-wise it's long enough... but we're only human).

Good luck figuring it all out. I know with my planning, I had to realize we just can't do it all in one trip, so I chose the things I wanted to do the most.

You need to find out what tours are available in Ketchikan and their available schedule. I had a half day and got to Neets on a 7am trip (walk up) and then did do a Misty Fjords flight, on the walk back from Pro Mech again, with a walk up. But not something normally done by most.

With a half day, you likely are only going to have time for your bear tour.

In a single trip, you are in no way going to have all the choices available for you. Make some hard decisions what is the most important and be happy with those.

With 12 hours in Juneau, you likely can do three tours. Again, find out what the schedules are and go from there. If you post the tours and times, you can get specific information.

Archived