QM2: Queens vs. Princess Grill

JDF

Hi-

Debating between the Queens vs. Princess Grill on the QM2 for an early-Winter cruise (New York to Ft. Lauderdale). After perusing the website and reviewing the differences (i.e., suite size, amenities, etc.), we're still having a little difficulty deciding between the two. Have heard the Grill kitchen prepares for both the Princess and Queen -- don't know if this is really true?

Suggestions, comments, thoughts?

Thanks.

The difference is more in the size of the stateroom than anything else as both grills share the same kitchen, and the decoration of both grills is virtually the same.

The "A La Carte" section might be slightly larger in the Queen's grill.

but the main difference is that in Princess Grill, your accomodation is a Junior suite vs. larger suites in Queen's.

Look in detail at the brochure and you will see that the Queens Grill category offers larger suite.

Please Note:

Your travel agent should be able to explain that if he is a Cunard certified and trained travel agent as it is part of the training.

In my opinion, the Princess Grill is the best value on board.

We were on board again in April.

Enjoy your trip.

Hi-

Debating between the Queens vs. Princess Grill on the QM2 for an early-Winter cruise (New York to Ft. Lauderdale). After perusing the website and reviewing the differences (i.e., suite size, amenities, etc.), we're still having a little difficulty deciding between the two. Have heard the Grill kitchen prepares for both the Princess and Queen -- don't know if this is really true?

Suggestions, comments, thoughts?

Thanks.

Yes, it is the same galley for both (that's what the chef called it when he came by our PG table to introduce himself). We have been QG once and PG thrice on the QM2. My wife remembers that the A La Carte menu was a bit more extensive in QG. Caviar is charged extra in PG but not in QG, in both it's sevruga (probably farmed in either France or Uruguay, I liked the taste, but found the texture only so-so); beluga isn't available legally until pollution and extinction concerns have been addressed.

In QG your butler brings canapes every evening at six, and will perform whatever extra chores you ask (we never thought of any, but that may be because our family has had to make do without live-in servants since 1929).

We're hooked on PG, we are content to make do with an ordinary 3/4 size tub instead of a full size tub with jacuzzi.

Yes it is. They keep refilling the bottles and the beer. They only ask that you do not remove the Waterford Crystal glasses from the suite. So we go to the bar get a glass of wine or for me a martini and take those glasses back to the room to refill and wlk about the ship in the evening.

We are booked on her for 10 days in November. We can not wait!

Kathy

Yes it is. They keep refilling the bottles and the beer. They only ask that you do not remove the Waterford Crystal glasses from the suite. So we go to the bar get a glass of wine or for me a martini and take those glasses back to the room to refill and wlk about the ship in the evening.

We are booked on her for 10 days in November. We can not wait!

Kathy

When in November, Kathy? We sail November 29th.

Quite frankly it is a disgrace that Cunard charge for Caviar in the PG Restaurant on QM2 - they never do this in the Grill Restaurants on QE2!!!

I travel Q grade but that being said would not be willing to pay for caviar in PG grade esp. vis-a-vis the high fares charged on QM2 for certain cruises!!!

Kind Regards,

RJMS74

I've done both and I will have to say that they are nice but I was disappointed that soft drinks are comp. in QG but charged (and expensive) in PG. That made no sense to me.

I like having a butler and having cocktail parties in our stateroom. So we go with QG now.

Kathy

You are not supposed to remove the Wateford Crystal glasses? Who told you that?

oops...anyone want to buy a slightly used set of cunard waterford queens grill suite crystal...

just kidding folks, i don't want to be considered personna non grata on my next cruise (which is in two weeks)...

just kidding folks, i don't want to be considered personna non grata on my next cruise (which is in two weeks)...

Don't worry, Bob. THIS post won't be what makes you personna non grata on your upcoming cruise. Just slip the food and beverage manager a $50 and perhaps he won't tell on you!:D

FYI you might want to be careful about posting your email on the boards. Those phishing programs (and the nutcases) can be very annoying.

Thanks! Probably a good idea, but one has to if you want someone to be able to contact you off the boards. Next time I'll use a seldom used address though.

Thanks! Probably a good idea, but one has to if you want someone to be able to contact you off the boards. Next time I'll use a seldom used address though.

Or spell it out - e.g.

some dot one at nowhere dot com

Makes it harder to phish (is it impossible??) but the nutcases can still get to you, not that nutcases would be lurking here!:eek:

Or spell it out - e.g.

some dot one at nowhere dot com

Makes it harder to phish (is it impossible??) but the nutcases can still get to you, not that nutcases would be lurking here!:eek:

Okay--I'm behind the times--and I have heard the word, but just what exactly is phishing?

Archived