Has anyone used shoretrips.com before for Alaska???

Bailey0930

Hello Everyone,

Has anyone used Shoretrips.com before. The tour we wanted on Chilkoot is sold out and looking for another local comany. I was reading in the Alaska boards that it was better to book a "local" company for the train, as it's not as cramped vs. booking through the cruise line. :o

Thanks!

I booked ShoreTrips for an excursion in Jamaica and had no problems. Our boat had about 25 people versus other boats off the ship having three times more people. And the price was less expensive.

I have booked two different excursions in Alaska for my cruise coming up this Saturday on the Star. I can let you know how it goes when I come back, if you'd like.

Hello Everyone,

Has anyone used Shoretrips.com before. The tour we wanted on Chilkoot is sold out and looking for another local comany. I was reading in the Alaska boards that it was better to book a "local" company for the train, as it's not as cramped vs. booking through the cruise line. :o

Thanks!

but shoretrips.com is not a local vendor, it's a booking agent. if you ask on the alaska boards, yukon may be able to direct you to another local vendor. he did talk about another van company that did tours to emerald lake?

• 2 weeks later...

Baily0930, the two excursions we booked through ShoreTrips went off very well. We really enjoyed the U-Drive Jeep Tour in Skagway. The tour guide was waiting for us as we came off the ship and took us to the jeeps. There were only 10 people on the tour with four jeeps. Jim, our guide, was very informative and made the trip exciting with not only his narration of the tour but with his humor. He was also considerate as one of our party had a hard time getting in and out of the jeep so he put her in the SUV with him. He also made stops where there weren't other tour busses of tourists. We even put the jeeps in 4 wheel drive and drove along a beach on Emerald Lake to a secluded area where we had refreshments.

Our second excursion was in Juneau for the Mendenhall Glacier and City Tour. The bus was smaller therefore, less people on the excursion. We were ahead of schedule and were able to stop at a local church that has a great view of the glacier, as well.

I would definitely use ShoreTrips to book my excursions in the future. The vendors the used were very professional. We had not one complaint.

....He also made stops where there weren't other tour busses of tourists. We even put the jeeps in 4 wheel drive and drove along a beach on Emerald Lake to a secluded area where we had refreshments.

Perhaps it was Lake Bennett - there's no beach you can drive on at Emerald Lake.

You certainly do not see recommendations for Shore trips on this board from any of the regulars. It is always better to book direct with the vendor. Shoretrips knows nothing about Alaska tours outside of their written descriptions, available to the order takers.

You certainly do not need a reservation through them for a Mendenhall/Juneau city tour. (their tours, all include Chaple on the Lake) MGT booths right at the dock can load you on to the next bus for $25. It can be more convienent to go with a flexable timeframe if you also want to include other touring.

Hi

I had booked the deadliest catch boat in Ketchikan thru them and they were very nice BUT for that excursion all you really are getting is the transportation to the fishing boat and they were $5 more than the ship. So i booked thru the ship just to get off the ship in time. Everyone on that tour are in the same boat and the crew are the guides so it made sense in that tour to book the ship. For something that will be guided and in small groups I think it would be fine to book them. The other tour "Best of Juneau"

I also booked thru the ship as none of them offered all 3 events for the day. They all offered them separately or 2 at a time. I have booked Skagway thru Chilkoot. Also booked the Ghost tour in Victoria thru the ship, no one else offered it. I have been to Buchart Gardens and the kids were not interested in going.

Archived