Move over offer - Is this true?

cs

• 4 weeks later...
I just called Princess and asked if I could have the number for the Inventory Department (because I wanted to see if they were making move over offers yet). The girl transfered me without telling me the number or even that she was going to transfer me.

After letting it ring for quite some time with nobody answering, I called Princess back and asked for the number instead of being transfered. The guy on the phone said they wouldn't answer the phone if they didn't recognize the phone number.

I explained to him that I was interested in seeing if there were any move over offers yet. He said that they were only available if Princess called you - that you couldn't call and ask. I told him that I heard on Cruise Critic that you could call and tell them you're interested and he said that you can't believe anything you read on Cruise Critic and that it's all hearsay!

I thought he was pretty rude and I asked for his name.

Is it true that Princess doesn't accept calls if you are interested in a move over offer? And is it true that the inventory department screens their calls and only accepts familiar numbers?

I would think that it would be easier for them if people showed an interest in moving vs them having to make call after call to find someone to move.

Do you think this guy was just giving me a story?

I was booked last October on a repo NY to SJU and got an offer to go the following week with 50% off refund as a cabin credit, upgrade from outside obstructed to a balcony, and payment for airline change. Just so happened, a friend of mine was doing a group cruise that week so it was a win win for me :)

For our April 2008 cruise we got a very nice move over and our Oct cruise is about 85% paid for, 1100 shipboard credit and they bumped us up from a balcony to a mini suite.

They called us, but I let my TA know to call Princess and let them know I would accept a move over.

They sent me an email and I called, I didn't wait for my TA.

The young lady who helped me out with the deal said she would put a note on my account for any future cruises that I would be willing move over.

Archived